Just came out to my therapist

SithLord

Like literally 20 minutes ago. And saying the words, I was mid-rant because I was nervous and building up to it and discussing my long term relationship concerns and so just told him because it's relevant, but just saying the words made me more nervous and talk more. I almost thought he wouldn't have caught what I said and that maybe I was "in the clear". But then he clarified what I said, asking what asexual meant and how I experienced it and OMG he was so accepting you guys! He just calmly clarified his understanding and what it meant for my relationship with my boyfriend, who he now has more respect for, and thanked me for sharing that with him.

Just... omg you guys. I was so scared. And he accepted me. I want to cry, but in a good way.

I'm so glad! It's important to have a therapist who accepts who you are. :)

@SithGirl Congratulations on coming out as Asexual to your therapist!

I'm glad they were accepting, I was concerned from non-acceptance stories I've read and that this is in Musings and Rantings rather than Celebration Time.

Here's a "Proud" cake,

579be5de28953296a58a459ba7ff7b25.jpg

I didn't know if I should put it in Celebration Time or AM&R since it kind of fits in both. I put it in the latter just because I was so scared and nervous about it. But thank you so much. 😊

AceMissBehaving

That’s huge! I’m so happy it went so well for you!

brbdogsonfire
4 hours ago, SithGirl said:

Like literally 20 minutes ago. And saying the words, I was mid-rant because I was nervous and building up to it and discussing my long term relationship concerns and so just told him because it's relevant, but just saying the words made me more nervous and talk more. I almost thought he wouldn't have caught what I said and that maybe I was "in the clear". But then he clarified what I said, asking what asexual meant and how I experienced it and OMG he was so accepting you guys! He just calmly clarified his understanding and what it meant for my relationship with my boyfriend, who he now has more respect for, and thanked me for sharing that with him.

Just... omg you guys. I was so scared. And he accepted me. I want to cry, but in a good way.

I'm happy you could tell him. I think it will be good for you to be able to talk openly about it to someone. You seem to be making real positive steps in your social nervousness :)

That's wonderful! Congrats!

@SithGirl, that was very brave 🎂 🎂, and great that you seem to have chosen the right therapist for you

• 3 weeks later...

That is so nice! You’re very lucky. My therapist thought I was weird because I didn’t want to kiss anyone. I really don’t feel like telling her about my orientation 😢 

Archived