Suddenly biromantic?

Hui

Now I know that my sexuality always fluctuated a bit over the years, since I initially saw myself as asexual, but now only identify as gray-ace because a bit of sexual attraction sneaked in recently. But no matter how confusing my sexual orientation might have been to me, I always kinda took it for granted that I am heteroromantic, or gray-heteroromantic, since I don't have crushes as much as most other people do, but if I do, my attraction has always been directed at males. Well, up until now, as it seems. I recently met a girl I catch myself thinking about far too often - I find her cute in a way I usually only think about guys, and I would really like to hold hands or cuddle with her. Now that I think about it, dating the same sex doesn't seem like such a far-fetched idea anymore (not that I am against it, I just could have never imagined myself dating the same sex up until recently). 

I am so confused. Can it really happen that after so many years of solely crushing on males, I might actually also develop an interest in females? I know that things like sexuality and romantic orientation can change over time, but could the feelings I experience actually indicate I might be biromantic? Or are these just strong, but still platonic feelings I am dealing with right now?

Maybe attraction to women is just rare for you. 

What you are describing doesn't sound platonic to me.

Janus the Fox

This is how pretty much how things happen, curiosity to a real genuine interest can happen over time for a few.  Take things slow and maybe interest develops.

Archived