Happy Veterans Day

CajunAce

Today is Veterans day in the United States!

My grandfather served at a US base at the tail-end of WW2 and served in the Korean War. One of my uncles was in the Vietnam War. They both passed away when I was little, so I never got to hear their stories.

Are there any veterans or military people out there? If so, thank you for your service!

Spent some time in the Navy after high school but never in a combat zone. 

My dad served in the Army back in the 80s, I don't think he ever saw any combat though. I think my grandfather served during WW2, but I'm not entirely sure (but I know he was in the military, his history is a little unknown to me since he died when I was 8 and we weren't close)

My step-dad was in WWII. I was in the US Air Force Reserves but never saw action. Ancestors fought in the US Civil War (for the North) and Revolution (for the Colonies). 

My boss took all of us vets to lunch today. He does that every year. Good conversations were had.

Three of my great uncles served in WW2 from the pacific to the western front. My grandfather served in the Korean War as a air field repair man (he tried to convince me one time to enlist for the airborne). My father served in between war times in the navy on a submarine tender near Guam. One thing that i was always curious about though is if my family in the Ukraine ever served in the eastern front...

Archived