Romantic Attraction

Teabagbitch

I know I’n asexual and I have identified as aromantic the past year, but I’m starting to think I’n something else. I think I’m either greyromantic, demiromantic or lesbian. So I was hoping somebody could help me figure?

I’m a 14 y/o female btw

-I have never had a crush or been in love

-I have never had a desire for a romantic relationship until maybe a few months ago

-Now sometimes when a see a really pretty girl I’m thinking like ‘Damn I wanna get to know her, maybe cuddle and kiss with her’

-Thats mostly fictional characters and cosplayers tho (but sometimes real people)

-Sometimes I wanna be single forever and have a dog and travel alot, but sometimes a wanna have a girlfriend or wife I can love and adopt a kid with and thats really confusing

-If I’m gonna be in a relationship I have to know her really well though, and be friends with her first

-Basically girls in general are really pretty and I can see myself marriyng a girl sometime, but like I said, I have never had a crush so its hard to figure

I hope someone can help me? Please? If you have any questions, just ask(:

(And sorry if it is some grammar mistakes, english isnt my first language)

First of all, welcome to AVEN :) 

Second of all, nobody can tell you what your orientation is, all they can do is give suggestions and explanations of terms, as well as share their own experiences.

Third of all, don't worry about your English, I didn't spot any mistakes at all!

9 minutes ago, Teabagbitch said:

I’m a 14 y/o female btw

-I have never had a crush or been in love

At your age it isn't uncommon to never have had a crush. I had my first crush at 15, and second at 19. That isn't to say you can't question yet now, but be aware that your feelings might change :) 

7 minutes ago, Teabagbitch said:

Now sometimes when a see a really pretty girl I’m thinking like ‘Damn I wanna get to know her, maybe cuddle and kiss with her’

Demiromanticism is about only being able to feel romantic attraction to people you have a deep longstanding emotional bond with. Based on what you wrote, I think you might be able to feel attraction before such a bond is established.

Most people want to get to know people really well before they get into a relationship with them. That isn't what defines demiromanticism.

9 minutes ago, Teabagbitch said:

Thats mostly fictional characters and cosplayers tho (but sometimes real people)

Have you heard of the terms fictoromantic/fictosexual?

Honestly I think you should give it time, let your feelings develop and then decide on a label when your feelings don't fluctuate as much. I do understand that waiting is frustrating haha, trust me, I've been there. But there's no hurry. You don't have to know everything right now.

maybeimamazed

14 is perhaps way too young to figure out your sexuality. When I was your age I had never had a crush either.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, Laurann said:

First of all, welcome to AVEN :) 

Second of all, nobody can tell you what your orientation is, all they can do is give suggestions and explanations of terms, as well as share their own experiences.

Third of all, don't worry about your English, I didn't spot any mistakes at all!

At your age it isn't uncommon to never have had a crush. I had my first crush at 15, and second at 19. That isn't to say you can't question yet now, but be aware that your feelings might change :) 

Demiromanticism is about only being able to feel romantic attraction to people you have a deep longstanding emotional bond with. Based on what you wrote, I think you might be able to feel attraction before such a bond is established.

Most people want to get to know people really well before they get into a relationship with them. That isn't what defines demiromanticism.

Have you heard of the terms fictoromantic/fictosexual?

Honestly I think you should give it time, let your feelings develop and then decide on a label when your feelings don't fluctuate as much. I do understand that waiting is frustrating haha, trust me, I've been there. But there's no hurry. You don't have to know everything right now.

Okay thanks! You are really helpful :D

On 11/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, maybeimamazed said:

14 is perhaps way too young to figure out your sexuality. When I was your age I had never had a crush either.

Its just all my friends has had more than one crush, and even my little sister who is 10 years has had a crush for like a year now, so I just thought that something wasnt right. Thanks though!(:

Archived