Asexual (?) relationship

cookie_

Hello!
I want to ask for advice, my problem is hardly very original. As far as I can remember, I've never felt the desire to have sex, one thought caused disgust and discomfort. Of course sometimes I fell in love, but at the same time I didn't feel anything like sexual attraction. I thought that because of this I will always be alone, but recently the first relationship in my life has happened. At first we were just close friends, but then it all grew into something more.. He knew about my asexuality and accepted me, saying that sex is not the main thing and he will be ok with that. But unfortunately this does not negate his desire. And every day it becomes harder for him to fight with himself. He does not insist on anything knowing that it'll be hard and most likely traumatic for me. I tried to step over myself, but it didn’t work out very well. For me love does not fit with sex at all. I’m so upset about this all and have no idea what to do... Do you think there is a future for such relationship and are there any ways to solve this problem?
(sorry if there are mistakes, English is not my mother language)

brbdogsonfire

Are you two planning no sexual contact or limited? If its 0 and he is already having problems early in the relationship I would have to say that is going to be a problem long term. If limited I would say you two have to discuss the limits of that. 

If you two find a compromise to a position you both find satisfactory it can work, but it is common a compromise in which both parties are happy cannot happen. There is nothing wrong with not being able to find a satisfactory position, and if thats the case the relationship may not be able to go forward even if you both want it.

Archived