Call to Action: British Aces, can you protest at The Guardian's office this week?

KeyKey

They just published the most invalidating opinion about asexuality as "weird" under the guise of criticizing Emma Watson's comment that she is "self partnered." They need to hear from us. We're valid, we're not weird, we don't deserve to lose our careers and we're not punching bags!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/nov/09/emma-watson-struggle-to-be-normal-in-abnormal-world

Welp that article read like a rambling load of judgmental nonsense, but asexuality isn't mentioned in it.

Not sure how this relates to asexuality. She's claiming to be 'self-partnered' yet has a partner, that is a bit strange.

1 hour ago, KeyKey said:

we don't deserve to lose our careers

No, we're not losing our careers. I don't see the point of any protest.

Number of mentions of asexuality in this article: Zero.

Trash article but not obvious it relates to asexuality. The main take home from me is that you can be wildly successful by the standards of many people, but if you don't fit the cookie cutter mould and find yourself unmarried and without two dependents by 30, you're somehow a failure. 😕

Phantasmal Fingers

I can see KeyKey's point even if no-one else can. 🙂 I read the article but I didn't actually see it as critical, quite the opposite actually.

It's not about asexuality. If anything, it's closer to aromanticism, but just like any "happily single" thing would be. It's not about that.

Besides, it just seems to want to hate on Emma Watson, not her relationship status. Just feels like another "Oh this poor, actor pretending to be normal, but look how much of a special snowflake they are".

Archived