Mackenzie Holiday

What's your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

What's your favorite part of Thanksgiving?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

• Turkey
    • Stuffing
    • Mashed potatoes
    • Green bean casserole
    • Sweet potato casserole (or yams)
    • Cranberry sauce
    • Pumpkin pie
    • Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade
    • Being with family and/or friends
    • Thinking about what you're thankful for
    • Opening presents (I don't know how your family does things)
    • I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I want to be included
    • Other (specify below)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/28/19 at 09:00 AM

Mackenzie Holiday

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! What are you looking forward to the most? What's your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

Rosendust
Spoiler

THE Food! This will be my first time experiencing my boyfriend's cooking at a holiday level so I am looking forward to trying everything! 

• Like 1

nameinagame

I'm in the UK so don't celebrate Thanksgiving... But thanks for including an option for those who don't celebrate it! :)

• Like 6

this is going to sound smug but when its all over, its a stressing time of year for me.

John Flushing

Every year I attend the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in person. The crowd is massive; therefore, the event is not for everyone.

fuzzipueo

Time off. That's about it. I think it's one of the most boring holidays on the U.S. calendar.

• Like 1

Dreamer23

Getting a four day weekend?! (Well, mostly; gotta head to the office fora bit on Friday)

To be fair though, while I live in the US, I'm not from here and have no family here, so just not celebrating it on accord of that :D

fragglerock

Unusual answer but the cool houses and properties of my aunts and uncles. For most of my life it was held at this old farmhouse out in the woods with a wooden bridge over a little crick. I'd always take a walk with my cousins along the creek bed which included this old wrecked car from the 1920s or '30s. Recently it's been at a different aunt's place and I've always really loved her taste in art.

Seeing family is also nice but honestly my favorite thing are those houses and their atmospheres.

• Like 1

RoseGoesToYale

I generally dislike thanksgiving because it coincides with my mother's birthday, but I gotta admit, stuffing and pumpkin pie are in a tight race.

• Like 2

Moony's Boy Child

The food, sometimes the social interaction. It's best if I only stay for an hour or two.

• Like 1

WanderingKate

1) Time off work/to relax 

2) Stuffing/mashed potatoes

3) Family I guess 

And yes, in that order :D

Jade Cross

The food really 

Gloomy

I can’t decide between stuffing and green bean casserole.

Lunala

In Australia we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving but I do want to one time. I love mashed potatoes so my favourite food would probably be that

• Like 1

ForceGhost

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is when my racist and homophobic family members leave.

CBC

Canadian Thanksgiving came and went a month ago. I don't have a favourite part because I don't celebrate it.

Skycaptain

If I was in the USA, the American Football games on TV :P

Otherwise, as @nameinagame says, thanks for including a want to be included option 

• Like 1

Kimchi Peanut

I fucking hate Thanksgiving 

• Like 1

Homer

Best part is that it's not a thing over here.

pook

turkey + cranberry sauce is my jam

Zagadka

I was going to say turkey, but I'm a bitch for pumpkin pie.

Remmirath

The four day weekend. This is also the only part of it I like. (I don't spend more time with family than usual, I don't particularly care for the typical food, and I find it a questionable holiday to say the least.)

SithGirl

So I don't get this when I'm abroad, but I miss it most when I'm gone. I like the family aspect of it most. When I was little, this meant going to visit family members and catching up. Now that I'm older, it means all working on part of the dinner and working together to decide what to have and who will make what. All of us make/prepare at least one part of the meal.

It's why I don't bother to celebrate with friends when abroad. It's not the same without my family. 

iff

The American football 😁

Strifed

I picked other:

Eating everything in sight :P

• Like 1

Jon A.

@Kimchi Peanut pretty much summed up how I feel about thanksgiving. Ours has already passed thank goodness. However, Remembrance day is tomorrow and that's even worse; to me it's basically another thanksgiving but without the food. Blood ties and/or adoption don't mean much to me, so as far as I'm concerned I see the only real family I have every day.

Mom's step-brother and the woman he's with dragged us about 2 1/2 hours to an even more boring place for thanksgiving two years in a row. He crossed the line once again by hanging up on mom when she called to request a ride to the hospital for an early surgery, so that gave us an excellent excuse to not spend any more holidays with them, yay us. This time we didn't even have to pay to have our phone number changed, bonus.

ColeHW34

Candied sweet potatoes!

FeichtKatze

I've never celebrated thanksgiving and I'm not familiar with the flavor profile of some of the traditional dishes. I know what turkey and mash taste like :D 

But sweet potato casserole sounds similar to our traditional christmas rutabaga/turnip casserole and I'm totally down for that, (preferably with creamy beetsallad and cognac mustard= best part of the christmas buffe) 
So I'll say sweet potato casserole, probably :)