New Moderator Needed: Romantic and Aromantic Orientations & Gender Discussion : Nominations

Kelly

Good luck @Laurann. Maybe have a look at the declassified threads to see a bit more about what happens in the backroom. Most of the stuff is a few years old but the policy threads give a better idea of how the current team works and thinks.

Okay now when Laurann is running i am willing to give it a shot now I can atleast lose with dignity. 

But in the same time i don't think I know enough about romantic /aromantic subjects and I know you keep saying that I don't need to be a expert on a subject to mod it, but I personally believe that is not true. How can I look through a discussion to see if everything is up to TOS if don't know enough about the subject? Something that I personally think is not okay behavior in a thread can be a totally normal way to discuss things in that community. 

@Cheshire-Cat I have done quite a bit of that already, but I will go read some more, thanks for the suggestion :) 

@Kimmie.It's sad that we can't co-mod or something.

And if you're not sure whether something that is happening is okay, you ask other admods, right? You'll do fine :) 

Janus the Fox

And just like that we have 3, I’ll run as well, over the years that’s about mod election number 5, I’ll give it a few days to make totally sure I’m not breaking any rules still willing to keep some DT duties, along with a further DT-Mod policy and report support and direct recruitment.  Bio to be soon, I’ve been more invested in aromance and Gender lately only recently settling the personal romance and gender question myself, ready to support those areas having other gender community moderatorship, gender is still a rather difficult answer to achieve and deserves a mod that has this safe place adequately protected.

There be other times when co-modship be in place, keep trying with the elections.  Stay Determined.  For anyone maybe having no luck in moderation, I’d easily suggest DT positions, these are lighter on duties but a keen eye for technical details; comes in handy too.  I’ll aid anyone with the FT election question process, if I become Mod, that’s my guarantee with my Ofer a year DT experience.

This election is an important one to dispel the myths ‘declass’ the myths so to speak for anyone reading the Admod Archive 😛

28 minutes ago, Laurann said:

I would also support PoeciMeta and Kimmie as mods though :)  You two would make awesome mods. I think Strange-Quark would probably be a good mod too, but I don't really know you yet, as I don't spend any time in chatterbox, JFF or Arcade.

Haha, I'm not sure... I'm perpetually lurking in the Gender discussion, but never spend any time in Romantic and aromantic orientations. And I'm scared of the responsibility and being able to take that stress. Besides, my social skills are horrible. I admit I'd like to be useful to AVEN, I'm almost tempted... but I should probably leave it to you, Laurann! ^^'

I confirm @Strange-quark would do great as a mod! 

24 minutes ago, Laurann said:

And if you're not sure whether something that is happening is okay, you ask other admods, right? You'll do fine

One thing I am also thinking of is in the gender forum: someone is asking me if I can spoiler something because of TMI but that person that has that post may see that as sexist and so on to hide that text.

Janus the Fox
1 minute ago, PoeciMeta said:

Haha, I'm not sure... I'm perpetually lurking in the Gender discussion, but never spend any time in Romantic and aromantic orientations. And I'm scared of the responsibility and being able to take that stress. Besides, my social skills are horrible. I admit I'd like to be useful to AVEN, I'm almost tempted... but I should probably leave it to you, Laurann! ^^'

I confirm @Strange-quark would do great as a mod! 

As I see things at the back, there’s little stress involved and few social skills required, in my point of view, it’s all data needing to be moderated according to the rules, provided the TOS and Staff Code of Conducts are followed, my time as DT meant it’s really all data requiring to be changed, fit for declassification accordingly to its in rules and processes.

Strange-quark

Thanks @PoeciMeta but I've decided not to, since I really don't have the time (physics is very time consuming ;)) even if I had the skills, and there are now amazing candidates, so I'm heading back to JFF. *Waves* Cheers to those running!

Janus the Fox
1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

One thing I am also thinking of is in the gender forum: someone is asking me if I can spoiler something because of TMI but that person that has that post may see that as sexist and so on to hide that text.

To me I’d can censor anything of another persons, only if in exceptions of TOS rule breaks, as long as the thread does not lose its topic question or theme.  Members are free to censor themselves.  I haven’t seen an instance of members being censored based on gender. I’d say that’s bordering invalidation.  It has to be a clear tos break based on vulgarity.  This can be PM’ed to the member that has the vulgar content, as long as it’s logged as a spare report or discussed by the Admods if not clear or unsure.  It isn’t sexist if it’s vulgar and breaks the rules.  There could be some exceptions if the topics themes start that way, following the topic theme greatly helps.

@Janus DarkFox i was more thinking of someone talking about genital functions or something like that (not vulgar in my opinion atleast) that some people may see as TMI but other thinks that hiding it is sexist and degrading to the original poster that got there post edited. 

Janus the Fox
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

@Janus DarkFox i was more thinking of someone talking about genital functions or something like that (not vulgar in my opinion atleast) that some people may see as TMI but other thinks that hiding it is sexist and degrading to the original poster that got there post edited. 

Genital function descriptions are fine in a thread detailing such in its topic theme, or in a spoiler if it isn't, descriptions aren't sexist to me, it's done to death almost everywhere...

Don't worry about the mod detail now, there's the election questions later if such a question turns up later, there's probably further reading a few Gender forum questions back, I haven't come across any specific threads or admods discussions relating to the sexism of tmi genital function themes in the DT policy backlog yet hmm....  If somebody find it TMI it stays as is, if it is reported as TOS breaking then that be different.  The member can be reminded that TMI are fine, recorded as a spare report or no action.

@Janus DarkFox okay then even though i am not sure that you get my question based on your answers, my point is that putting something as TMI or saying that something is TMI can be seen as sexist to some people. 

But I don't want to derail this thread anymore so I shout up with my questions for now. 

19 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

A reminder, all questions should be held until Q&A. It’s still nomination period.

Ohh sorry op.

firewallflower

Just popping in to say that I'm very happy to see people getting in the running - I think every one of the candidates thus far would make for a great mod. :cake:

Also, for anyone interested in modding but unsure about these particular forums, just a note/reminder that there is also an election for Welcome Lounge mod going on concurrently, so you could run for either position (albeit not both). :) Good luck to everyone! 

Janus the Fox
41 minutes ago, firewallflower said:

Also, for anyone interested in modding but unsure about these particular forums, just a note/reminder that there is also an election for Welcome Lounge mod going on concurrently, so you could run for either position (albeit not both). :) Good luck to everyone! 

Again if I Mod there be also one or two DT places soon ish if things on the DT staffing is a bit clearer in the next 4 weeks and run up to Christmas, keep an eye for those :)

11 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

We have to take it up with Admods and to see if the membership is fine with members holding cross group jobs, I know that Some Admods and PT have and are holding BOD positions, why not a DT holding a Mod position?

The BoD position is somewhat different as it's not primarily a forum position unlike admod, PT, DT, TT. In theory BoD members don't even need to be forum members of AVEN (though all the current BoDs are).

It's great to see so many good candidates running for this position!

Just another reminder that the Welcome Lounge is also up for election! : ) 

I am taking back nomination as everyone probably expected. Thinking of maybe run the Welcome Lounge instead now when the other candidate maybe not can run.

Archived