New Moderator Needed: Romantic and Aromantic Orientations & Gender Discussion : Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Romantic and Aromantic Orientations & Gender Discussion Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. You may run for only one election at a time.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 7 November to Thursday, 14 November: Nominations.

Thursday,  14 November to Sunday, 17 November: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 17 November to Sunday, 24 November: Voting.

If no one else steps up i guess that i have to sacrifice myself and do it. Even though I really don't want to. Because someone has.

Because if no one steps up now then a current mod has to step in and cover for the old ones job. And that is not sustainable in the long run. For they will sooner or later not be able to keep doing it and step down and then another mod has to cover for them, and that is a steep slope down. 

1 hour ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Kimmie. You don’t have too, if you don’t want to. Don’t force yourself to do something you really don’t want too. Admins do cover forums too.

Yes but for for how long is that a durable plan? 

But you are probably right i would probably not be a good mod. But if it is the only way to get a mod a decent /mediocre mod would be better than no mod at all. 

To be clear i have NOT Said that i will run yet.

@Kimmie. Don't call yourself mediocre :o

I'm sure you'd make a good mod! 

(I'm too irresponsible to trust myself for running, and besides I rarely ever visit Romantic and Aromantic Orientations, so... I couldn't ^^') 

Janus the Fox

Aromance and Gender, is something id go for if I weren't tied up with the DT Backlog, Priorities first though unfortunate I can't do both :P

I like these 2 areas, I'm a blank slate of an orientation and within a mixed relationship, so relatable, also gender... well non-binary going through transition and being experienced being a member of several off aven gender spaces.  I can see the conflict and issues gender may bring.  Then again id say the same thing with Questions and Musings or being unopinionated on PPS and Hot Box topics may go in hand moderating it with impartiality/

I encourage anyone to read the Admod Archives, plenty of examples of the actual work done, all the good and that of the bad, Conflicts between members and staff alike, opinions, backroom discussion, reports, huge amounts of data for which a lot of recent data, has either been Declassed and Proofed personally. :)

A mod needs to be decisive, brave and opinionated to get things done on their own two feet, and the rest is team wide decisions.  I'm always keeping an eye at the back, it becomes the futures DT data to declass. :cake:

Even with this position, it isn't permanent and can change if one wishes to shuffle out and mod something else.  Help is always there in Admod Texts along with codes and rules.

Is moderation scary for people? anything else for the staff to go by? ad mods wishing to know what more they can add to change.  Would members vote a member like me and are there any more like me too, or us ;)

scarletlatitude
16 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

If no one else steps up i guess that i have to sacrifice myself and do it. Even though I really don't want to. Because someone has.

Because if no one steps up now then a current mod has to step in and cover for the old ones job. And that is not sustainable in the long run. For they will sooner or later not be able to keep doing it and step down and then another mod has to cover for them, and that is a steep slope down. 

Admods have been short handed before, and it will happen again in the future for sure. You have to do what is best for you kimmie. :)❤️ Of course we would love to have you on the team, but only if you want to join. 

19 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

just being real but anyone who sacrifices their personal enjoyment to be a mod probably won't be a very good mod or a mod for very long

16 minutes ago, pook said:

just being real but anyone who sacrifices their personal enjoyment to be a mod probably won't be a very good mod or a mod for very long

I have to agree.

@Kimmie. You gotta put yourself and your actual desires first. Never force yourself to do something you don't want to do simply because you feel you "have to." You don't have to. AVEN will live. You're awesome and may do well, but not if it's something you don't really want to do. *huuuuuugs* 

@pook and @kelico and @scarletlatitude you are right i really not want to do it, but someone has to do it. Because i still stand by the point that the situation we are in now is not sustainable. 

34 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

@pook and @kelico and @scarletlatitude you are right i really not want to do it, but someone has to do it. Because i still stand by the point that the situation we are in now is not sustainable. 

That someone needs to be someone who wants to be. As for sustainability, meh, we'll manage. We've managed in the past and will do so in the future. (Take that from someone has seen a lot of ups and downs on the team.)

1 minute ago, Qutenkreepy said:

That someone needs to be someone who wants to be. As for sustainability, meh, we'll manage. We've managed in the past and will do so in the future. (Take that from someone has seen a lot of ups and downs on the team.)

Okay that is good to hear. I will let it go then.

Strange-quark
17 hours ago, PoeciMeta said:

(I'm too irresponsible to trust myself for running, and besides I rarely ever visit Romantic and Aromantic Orientations, so... I couldn't ^^') 

Same. I'm tempted, but don't think I could handle the stress and the responsibility. (For the record, Poeci, I think you'd make an amazing mod!)

12 minutes ago, Strange-quark said:

Same. I'm tempted, but don't think I could handle the stress and the responsibility. (For the record, Poeci, I think you'd make an amazing mod!)

Thank you (even though I really doubt it), and same! ^^

Janus the Fox

AVEN survives with or without staff, membership keeps the place going.  Even with no membership, I know that forums becomes an open resource centre if nothing else.

what else will it take for people to run?  It’s not that stressful but that’s just me.  Anybody else regular and familiar with these 2 forums?

could a mod blog day to day staff life help?

Well there's this

I guess that the debates lately hasn't really made people more eager to become a mod. 

Janus the Fox

The definition debates may have changed the way staff are perceived.  In my understanding staff are not the gatekeepers of its own definitions, mods keep a persons identity safe.  It seems like there’s this myth that staff are the keepers of asexuality somehow.

Just now, Janus DarkFox said:

The definition debates may have changed the way staff are perceived.  In my understanding staff are not the gatekeepers of its own definitions, mods keep a persons identity safe.  It seems like there’s this myth that staff are the keepers of asexuality somehow.

I guess that people thought that mods had more power to change AVEN then what they actually have for better or worse. 

1 hour ago, Strange-quark said:

it's less responsibility than you'd think

most decisions are discussed by everyone first so you'll always have a ton of support in everything you do

these two forums are also good starter forums as back in my day they hardly ever caused arguments

The thing is that is sounds interesting but it is the disciplinary discussions that keeps me from actually step up. 

scarletlatitude

And everyone remember, the training team is there to help new mods learn how to be mods. :) 

Yeah echoing what others have said, I think you'd make a good mod @Kimmie. but you should run because you want to not because you feel you have to. Of course there are lots of other ways of becoming involved, as you already are.

*has only run for mod once ever, and lost*

13 minutes ago, michaeld said:

Yeah echoing what others have said, I think you'd make a good mod @Kimmie. but you should run because you want to not because you feel you have to. Of course there are lots of other ways of becoming involved, as you already are.

*has only run for mod once ever, and lost*

I am still thinking about it, if it is worth the risk to try it out.  

@Kimmie. from what I've seen of you on these discussions I think you'd make a good mod. You seem conscientious and as though you'd be fair. Reports and discipline are only a small part of being a mod so don't let that put you off. Don't do it if it's not something you're comfortable with, however, you'll never really know unless you give it a shot.

@Janus DarkFox you'd still be welcome to declass even if you became a mod, and if they're forums you'd like then why not give it a shot?

Janus the Fox
2 hours ago, Cheshire-Cat said:

@Janus DarkFox you'd still be welcome to declass even if you became a mod, and if they're forums you'd like then why not give it a shot?

Unfortunately somewhere in the codes and conducts I cannot interfere with other teams jobs, it’s the ‘stepping on toes’ thing, even though, mods/admins started the process and developed the system for several years up to the formation of the group.  Mods don’t have buttons for Declass I’d think and my intentions would have to be debated and updated on the rules.  There isn’t a ‘Staff that hold cross staff group jobs’ yet, or any mod can declass.  In the end once the Backlog is caught up, I can see declass can become an Admod thing once again, for like between Admods that are not involved in said thread.  Threads can be rapidly declassed after the 3 or 6 month old thread time limits.

We have to take it up with Admods and to see if the membership is fine with members holding cross group jobs, I know that Some Admods and PT have and are holding BOD positions, why not a DT holding a Mod position?

I almost want to give it a try but I am just not sure. I still have 4 days left to decide. 

I think I'll run. That would be a first for me. 

Those are two of the sections of AVEN I'm most interested in (as well as Hotbox, but no thanks on moderating that haha).

It's kind of scary though. I've read most of the threads in Site Info Center, as well as the thread Homer suggested, but I'm still not really sure what to expect.

I'm feeling a bit unsure of myself. Any words of encouragement/discouragement?

I would also support PoeciMeta and Kimmie as mods though :)  You two would make awesome mods. I think Strange-Quark would probably be a good mod too, but I don't really know you yet, as I don't spend any time in chatterbox, JFF or Arcade.

Archived