New Moderator Needed: Welcome Lounge: Nominations

Kelly

Yeah it really is your call. I'm not going to pretend that being a mod will be a cake walk. I've never been a mod myself but I know second hand the position can be difficult and stressful at times.

Here's how I'd look at it though. If you run, it's the voting membership that will decide between you and any other candidate (or none of the above). All you have to do is send in a bio and answer questions honestly, and then the membership decides. If you get in, you know what? Maybe you will find out that you're right: you're really not cut out for moderating. It really isn't for everyone. You can be a valuable community member and make amazing contributions to AVEN and ace vis-ed without being a mod.

But what would happen then? You can hold up your hand and say it was a mistake, and step down. That's not what we want to happen obviously. But it's hardly a disaster. There will be yet another election? Big deal. There are elections all the time on AVEN. We'll cope. I think we'd rather risk having another resignation and election in short order than missing the possible opportunity to gain a good, long term moderator.

Again it really is your call. If you'd like to try it out, by all means run and let the membership decide. If you don't want to mod, best not to run in the first place. Over to you!

@michaeld i just don't know what i want anymore. I just find it so hard to say anything positive about myself and I guess there is where the problem is. 

The only reason to why i want to run is that i want to help more than i already do.

A question though what time zone do the dates in the op refer to?

16 minutes ago, ♣Ryan♣ said:

I'll run.

Time to go work on my Bio

Awesome go you! 

3 minutes ago, Zeecitroen said:

*throws rat*

:o

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

:o

*very gently, and onto a cushioned surface! 

Disclaimer: I do not actually throw my rats! 

4 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

*catches, gives rat back*

🐀 

It is great to see so many amazing people that are running! 

Archived