How was your Halloween?

Marrow

I know I know... It's a bit late to ask, but I've just recently resurrected from the dead (it's harder than it sounds) and I was curious how everyone's Halloween went? I live out in the cornfields so folks don't really celebrate Halloween here. I also forgot to carve a pumpkin (life is a busy thing :(), but I did fashion a quick "Jack-O-Box" outta plywood and nails in an hour so it wasn't completely dark that night...but yeah so how did your Halloween go?

RoseGoesToYale

Marrow! Good to see you're doing well!

I spent my Halloween staying in and getting drunk the previous night, and binging on candy the day of.

Here's the gorgeous pumpkin I "carved" ;)

Spoiler

20191023-232944.jpg

AllTimeBubble

I had a small party with my flatmates and managed to slice my finger when carving a pumpkin aha. It was a fun night though

@RoseGoesToYale thanks :D, I like the pumpkin as well I might do something like that next year for an interior piece. Also pro gamer tip: wait till the day after Halloween to buy candy as most stores slash the prices like crazy ;)

@AllTimeBubble Fun story: my mother was very excitable for Halloween the one year so got her pumpkin out and got a bunch of knives as well. She was a little too excited though as she slashed her finger and had to go to the hospital and get 4 stitches; suffice to say every year she warns me to be safe, glad to hear though that it wasn't too serious for you.

AllTimeBubble
12 minutes ago, Marrow said:

@AllTimeBubble Fun story: my mother was very excitable for Halloween the one year so got her pumpkin out and got a bunch of knives as well. She was a little too excited though as she slashed her finger and had to go to the hospital and get 4 stitches; suffice to say every year she warns me to be safe, glad to hear though that it wasn't too serious for you.

Oh no! That must've been so painful 😱

Pretty uneventful, the usual, walking with the kids, loads of candy. My group won our office Halloween costume party contest, and I got a $20 Starbucks gift card.

Our family usually goes all-out for Halloween, dressing with a theme, but not this year. Three years ago we were the Straw Hat Pirates (One Piece, I was Usopp) We're already panning something for next year, though :) I'm thinking Game of Thrones. I'd make a pretty good Khal Drogo (kids already tell me I look like "Aquaman"/ Jason Momoa).

I celebrated throughout October with other foreigners, so it went well! We went to Universal Studios Japan and went to the Halloween special stuff that included a Resident Evil haunted house, Chucky haunted house (I was terrified), and some kind of alien haunted maze thing. They also have zombies wandering around the park after 7 and one scared the living crap out of me. 

We also had a Halloween train event where we're all in Halloween costumes and just party on a train, but it was lamer than last year since the music wasn't as good and there was a party stop last time but there wasn't this year. 

Day of, nothing special happened, but the preceding weekends were fun. 

2 minutes ago, SithGirl said:

We went to Universal Studios Japan

I got to go there a 3 years ago, and they had converted the Waterworld show into a fun One Piece show! (they may still be doing it) Apparently we were very big into One Piece that year ;)

7 minutes ago, Sinking_In said:

I got to go there a 3 years ago, and they had converted the Waterworld show into a fun One Piece show! (they may still be doing it) Apparently we were very big into One Piece that year ;)

I don't know what Waterworld show you mean, but there isn't much about One Piece there right now. They do a bunch of short term stuff. Last year I missed out on Evangelion stuff which made me sad. 

I slapped on a bow as a lazy "costume" and ate candy at home

It was good. I dressed up as a scantily-clad serial killer, watched a couple of horror movies, ate candy, and drank alcohol.

Back to Avalon

In the afternoon I listened to my Halloween playlist. I wasn't sure I'd have time, but I did. I wore my Morticia Addams t-shirt (under a blouse because it was chilly). I made dinner and passed out candy to about ten kids total. It was chilly and windy that night, so there weren't many kids out. I think sometimes kids don't come to the door if they don't see someone outside, but it was too cold to sit outside. Their loss. More candy for me!

There was rain, thunderstorms, and a tornado watch in my area (yeah, I guess the weather decided to be "spooky" for Halloween), so I didn't do anything special on that day.

On a couple of October weekends, though, when the weather was better, I did enjoy cycling around the area, to look at others' Halloween decorations (even though not a lot of people seem to celebrate or put them up, here; a lot more people decorate for Christmas).

There's one family who likes to go all out for Halloween and fill their entire yard with a whole bunch of Halloween decorations, so that's pretty cool to look at, every year.

Decently chilly and the moon gave a nice halloween vibe.

Lord Jade Cross

I worked. And after work sat down to eat the candy I bought for trick or treaters since none came around. 

16 hours ago, SithGirl said:

Last year I missed out on Evangelion stuff which made me sad. 

That would have been awesome, and I was just in Wakayama & Osaka last year, too, close enough to go :( I think they had a short run of Attack On Titan exhibits, or do they still have those?

6 hours ago, Sinking_In said:

That would have been awesome, and I was just in Wakayama & Osaka last year, too, close enough to go :( I think they had a short run of Attack On Titan exhibits, or do they still have those?

Not in USJ. I was there during their Detective Conan & Lupin the Third event (March of this year), so the park was themed around those. Otherwise it was all Halloween during October. No idea what it is now. 

I was on a fire call during Halloween. Was bummed out because I had a costume ready and planned a awesome Halloween party!

SorryNotSorry

I wonder how many Halloweens it’s been since the recurring scare story about the razor blades in the apples got started?

Sat around in my room watching Flamingo on Youtube because there were no trick or treaters in my neighbourhood

I didn't even watch halloween movies and I was planning on doing so

• 1 year later...

Hallowhat? :D

I switched my doorbell off and that was that.

• 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck
On 12/28/2020 at 11:47 AM, Homer said:

Hallowhat? :D

I switched my doorbell off and that was that.

Same here. It was just a day like others.

It's only recently starting to become more of a thing here. For quite a while it wasn't, and then the idea popped up and people saw it as just an American thing, but it slowly started popping up, firstly just as a dress up party thing adults went to, and now there;s a few kids dressing up and doing the thing. Last year I got to semi go to my first black mass.

Archived