Pride Glasgow Feedback/Points

Gahlah

As stated before, I'm the Asexual/Aromantic rep on Pride Glasgow's volunteer forum, as well as a general volunteer. Are there any subjects, ideas or other points you want to bring up for Pride Glasgow? Feedback from this year or previous years festivals? Let me know here, so we can make future prides better for the Aro/Ace community, and our siblings in the wider LGBT+ community.

(Note: Please bring up points that your LGBT+ friends want as well; if you aren't personally trans*, you can still bring up something your trans* buddy noticed and wants addressed for example)

nutterwithasolderingiron

not have us basically at the back of the parade. seriously. i was one of the marshalls for the local ace group, i had to register 90 mins before the parade started then sit around waiting. plus we were right next to the marching band which is cool but considering i have sensory issues, having a trumpet in my ear didn't help. 

can i actually raise a question with you about pride. why is it that the corporations get better billing and more benefits than the organisations/groups? personally every pride i've taken part in has been the same. companies who want to look progressive up front, actual lgbt+ groups in the back. is it because they can afford the floats and banners? if so i want to actually make a suggestion. companies can take part but let's not give them top billing. hell, if you're going to make groups register for pride AND still have companies take part to look good, at least make it so they have to donate to a group before they can march. 

i'm not speaking as part of the local ace group. i'm speaking personally. 

tl;dr. why do the companies at pride get more attention than the groups who are actually working to grow the lgbt+ community?

That's an excellent question, I'll absolutely put it towards the board and see if I can get a direct answer for you.

I am so sorry you were placed next to the marching band, that is something I will directly raise with organisers as well. Since the format was different, there is a lot of room to give feedback and learn.

EDIT: I've posted the question, I will update this thread with the response when I get it!

• 2 weeks later...
nutterwithasolderingiron
On 11/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, Gahlah said:

That's an excellent question, I'll absolutely put it towards the board and see if I can get a direct answer for you.

I am so sorry you were placed next to the marching band, that is something I will directly raise with organisers as well. Since the format was different, there is a lot of room to give feedback and learn.

EDIT: I've posted the question, I will update this thread with the response when I get it!

just PM me when you do.

Archived