Homer

Book by N. K. Jemisin "The Killing Moon" features an asexual character

Homer

Money quote:

Ehiru, a character from The Killing Moon, is asexual, and I don’t think I explored that well. If I were writing it now, I would have made him more clearly ace. I figured this out by reading Tumblr. I am on Tumblr quietly — I have a pseudonym, and nobody knows who I am. Because lots of young people hang out there and talk about identity and the way our society works, it’s basically a media-criticism lab. It’s an interesting place to talk about identity, and I did not understand until I saw these conversations that asexuality was an identity. I thought about it as a broken sexuality. My story reflected my lack of understanding of how that worked.

Oct 30, 2019 — https://www.vulture.com/2019/10/who-gave-you-the-right-to-tell-that-story.html

• Like 1

Kersenne

I've read N.K. Jemisin's most famous serie and really liked it, and your quote just makes me want to read more of her work! Thank you for sharing @Homer :) 

Luftschlosseule

Uuuh really? That's awesome! I read the first in the Broken Earth trilogy a while back and am excited for more books by that author. This news make me even more so.