Gendered Bathrooms?

crazy ace

DuranDuranfan

Another reason behind my social anxiety using even the women’s bathroom: I was confronted by a bully who followed me into the bathroom at school.

6 hours ago, DuranDuranfan said:

Another reason behind my social anxiety using even the women’s bathroom: I was confronted by a bully who followed me into the bathroom at school.

Ooooh school bathrooms, they're dreadful >.>

In middle school I got bullied a few times and stopped going altogether, holding it the whole day from 8am to sometimes 7pm. Pulled it off by not drinking enough water. In high school I found this obscure, ungendered bathroom on the last floor, barely ever used (partly because it was ungendered, maybe...) and only went there, barely ever went to the ''main'' gendered bathrooms. 

DuranDuranfan

Lucky you. The single occupant bathrooms that were at my secondary school were for the teachers.

Yeah ^^ Not sure why it was built, but it was certainly a good thing! 

Actually, it didn't do much to my strictly social dysphoria, because anxiety said no peeing in public, so I could only use them when there was no one around... but while I know it's absurd, agreeing to that sign on the door would feel like misgendering myself, even if I didn't know it by then. I'm still very glad it existed. 

To have separate men's bathrooms and women's bathrooms, is not necessary, in the same way that having separate black person's bathrooms and white person's bathrooms, is not necessary.

DuranDuranfan

^^Off topic, your userID is perfect for this topic LOL!

Archived