Questions about love

Bananabread06

Bananabread06

Okay, so I'm a bit confused at the moment. I can't seem to tell the difference between loving someone deeply as a friend and actually loving them. I'm gray-Asexual, I think. But I don't know how to tell the difference between friend love and actual love. If someone could try to explain the difference to me, I would greatly appreciate that.

Hmm typically for crushes you're high off your ass on endorphins and act out of character. Friendships are a lot calmer. Also you don't want to romantically snog them. As you can see I'm terrible at this. 

I find it's easiest to decipher based on whether that feeling of love is accompanied by the desire to do things you would consider romantic with that person. What is considered "romantic" can vary from person to person, so that's where it gets a little confusing again, but for me, those would be actions like cuddling, kissing, sharing a bed, romantic gestures, feeling butterflies, holding hands, emotional intimacy, etc. I do agree with CBC in that I feel like it's one of those "you know it when you feel it things," though, so sorry if this isn't super helpful! 

Archived