Dead Weight

Traveler40

It seems finding a good therapist is as daunting as finding a good lover...😳😬

Weird week here!  First the issue with my husband, then my lover went Defcon 1 over our political differences, and the finale was me watching a person I love dearly slip away last night. (The family let nature take its course and decided on comfort care.) I spent the night a couple of hours away which was logistically challenging.  With almost zero sleep and back-to-back work meetings, I’m feeling pretty crappy today.

Oh, my husband added more insight btw: He said he knows he could have died, but he couldn’t do anything about it.  He described it like this to me, “Imagine you’re just sitting there and cognizant of all around you. Now, collapse and contain that awareness to the focus of a straw.  Folks are talking to you, but it’s at the end of a long tunnel, the other end of the straw.  You are trapped and helpless to do anything. Afterward, I was too exhausted to move!”

He also said he can’t walk through our garage without holding his breath now.  The smell of the dive gear creates a physical reaction of repulsion.  It’s safe to say he will never dive again. Double edged sword that one...

Edit: Trouble comes in 3’s.  Done!

Wow, this week isn't pulling any punches for you! I hope you get a break so you can start processing it all. :o

Interestingly, what your husband describes reminds me of a time when I almost passed out at the doctor's office - I was aware the entire time, so I never lost consciousness, but everything was happening at the end of a long tunnel and I had no energy to engage with any of it until that sensation passed. (Then for at least an hour afterwards I was physically unable to lift a glass of water. Such a strange feeling!)

1 hour ago, wyrdwyrm said:

- I was aware the entire time, so I never lost consciousness,

Yes. He said that too. Thank you for the input.  

Yes, this has been the worst week in a couple of years. Having kids  among other responsibilities forces you to keep going which is very good. The distraction is definitely welcome.

This week is ending, my husband is thankfully back to normal, and sometimes passing on is the best option no matter how sad personally. That’s more upbeat than I feel, however true. 

8 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

and sometimes passing on is the best option no matter how sad personally. That’s more upbeat than I feel, however true. 

*hugs*

Archived