searching for steven universe fans?

pyrrhicperegrination

pyrrhicperegrination

steven universe is my favorite show, but most of the people my age look down on me for still enjoying it because it's animated, not 'adult enough', etc. so... anyone here in the same fandom as me?

Oh hell ya! I'm in my 20's and still watch it. My friends know I'm into anime and Dnd and board games, so there's really no surprise or reason to say it's weird in my friend group. 😄

My fave character is Garnet, who is also my fav fusion.

pyrrhicperegrination
23 hours ago, Eva Blue said:

Oh hell ya! I'm in my 20's and still watch it. My friends know I'm into anime and Dnd and board games, so there's really no surprise or reason to say it's weird in my friend group. 😄

My fave character is Garnet, who is also my fav fusion.

greetings, fellow fan!! ruby and sapphire are so cute when apart, and even more adorable when together as garnet! it sounds great that your friends are supportive of your interests, and i'm so happy to find someone who enjoys the show too : )

I do enjoy a little get-out with fellow fans ^^. 

How'd you find the movie? I quite liked around 70% of the songs, but I think they just kinda shoved too much into 1-2 hours. Still liked it though

I actually saw someone with a Steven Universe hat today, so we're not alone! He said he got it at hot topic, which is where I got my star shirt from.

I also watch steven universe.

Not really too scary and a bit too much singing though.

DarkStormyKnight

I looooove Steven Universe, I've forced like most of my friends to watch it. ❤️ 

If I was a gem I wish I was Garnet, but let's be honest, I'm definitely more of an Amethyst.

cosmosredshift7

steven universe is a fantastic series, and anyone of any age should be able to enjoy it. my fave is also garnet; seeing ruby and sapphire be so obviously in love before fusing in jail break was my first exposure to the series, and i SOBBED. 

I love how so many of the characters have such dynamic character arcs. It really is one of the best animated series of our time.

I can’t pick a favorite character, but I find Peridot very relatable.  

I love Steven universe! I think I like it partly because it’s just so cute, and the way all the characters interact is so realistic and interesting. And it’s cute. Did I mention that? 

My favourites are Peridot and Lapis.

LOVE this show.  No one else I know watches this, no matter how much I recommend it.   Fyi I'm almost 40 so being older is no excuse to write something off.  That would be like not watching Avatar: the last airbender or Adventure Time.   Just cuz it's a cartoon doesn't mean anything.

The power dynamics, interrealtions between the characters, dealing with relatable emotional issues.  

I love SU! (i'm in my mid 20s btw) Watched the movie recently and tried to get my bff to see it also, but she's not as interested in the story line 😕. I'm glad it's technically a cartoon b/c I can watch it with my lil sis and niece (10 and younger) but I think the reason it's withstood the test of time so far is b/c it has a lot of character depth and complex relationship exploration that is relatable in some way. And the diversity of the audience ages shows it's got more maturity appeal than your avg kiddo cartoon. So far my fav jem is Bismuth, after her comeback.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I love it,  I was dragged into it while in Yellowstone last year by a few friends  who also love Star Wars.

They gave me some figurines before we split ways after the summer season 

Comrade Kitty

I love Steven Universe sooooooo much! I have a steven universe sweatshirt with a big hamburger on the back. Then i have a few great shirts. If you are looking for some Steven universe stuff, check out teeturtle. Its a great online shirt store with a bunch of fun shirts, including Steven universe ones!

On 10/27/2019 at 10:40 PM, pyrrhicperegrination said:

but most of the people my age look down on me for still enjoying it because it's animated, not 'adult enough', etc

And those people are flat-out boring and ignorant. Now, personally I do not like SU at all and consider it to be pretty bad (no worries, I won't bash you for liking it) but these kinds of people? I would bash those people all day long because cartoons can be made for any or even all ages because anyone can get some kind of enjoyment or entertainment from a cartoon, no matter the quality of it.

pyrrhicperegrination
On 10/28/2019 at 11:18 PM, Eva Blue said:

I do enjoy a little get-out with fellow fans ^^. 

How'd you find the movie? I quite liked around 70% of the songs, but I think they just kinda shoved too much into 1-2 hours. Still liked it though

yea, i do think that the su movie was very fast-paced; it was written so that those who didn't watch the entire show yet could still understand the general context, but the movie seemed quite a bit like an info-dump on the show's lore. that being said, i think the songs were amazing and i loved how they threaded in strains of "stronger than you" in "happily ever after" and "isn't it love". 

I feel like I would be a Steven Universe fan if I had access to it, but sadly I do not. Though from what I have heard, it sounds awesome.

EDIT: Last night I watched the first eight episodes. Steven Universe is great. Definitely a fan now. :P

• 1 month later...

Wow I found this thread late. I love SU! Especially Change Your Mind and the season before that. Rainbow 2.0 is my favorite character despite there only being two episodes featuring him. That aesthetic of 'flamboyant, nonbinary embodiment of fun + Mary Poppins' (not to mention the pink and blue color scheme that's coincidentally close to what I usually wear) is GOALS. And his theme is freaking perfect. Beautiful concert piano opening that's weirdly reminiscent of Rhapsody in Blue plus some delightful chiptune in the background. I could talk about the music all day

• 2 weeks later...
Twisted Tempest

I've only seen about three episodes, and I don't think they were in any kind of order at all. It was really confusing, and didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but something about it seems really charming. I really like Amythest. :D

It has it's flaws, but I still love it!

• 1 month later...
Lilyandtwitch

I love Steven universe. Future is hitting way to close to home for me right now though, as I just moved away from all my friends and feel like they are moving on from our friendship. My favorite character is Lapis, she is so cute and funny. 

*looks at profile pic* Steven Universe... who's that?

I haven't been able to watch the movie yet despite really wanting to. Anyone have any suggestions (other than ones involving other humans, I'm not so great with the person interaction stuff)? 

Stevonnie is my favorite character for design, but character character is  Amethyst, man do I feel for her.

JustSomeBear

I love it! The characters, the music 👌, the animation & art. I do kind of ignore the fandom though. I know a good number of people my age who watch it. Don't feel bad or judged about liking it! 

Steven Universe isn't a half bad series. I'd say Steven is probably one of the better characters they handled ironically or Peridot. Lapis still is my favorite because she was a shitty, toxic person who also had shit to deal with. PTSD from a good couple thousand years in mirror and an abusive fusion. Just wish they handled it better. 

• 3 weeks later...
Eira the Elk

I absolutely love Steven Universe! I’ve followed it since 2014 and just finished the finale of Future. There are so many good songs and characters and character developments! Animation can do so much I wouldn’t just stop watching it because other people don’t like it! A lot of the time they can have deeper meanings in the plots geared towards the older fans but a lot of animation haters don’t see it 🤷‍♀️. Now I need to find another amazing animated show 🤔 

Huge SU fan! I especially love the songs. I started watching from the series premiere, but I stopped because of how annoyed I got with the seemingly endless reruns of Frybo (back when Steven Universe actually had reruns). I continued following it after the first StevenBomb and I've followed it closely ever since. Future may have just had its finale, but I'll always remember all the great memories the show brought me.

• 3 weeks later...

I really love the show and recently watched the final episode with my brother during this lockdown. 

It's such a amazing and wholesome show.

The art and songs are also great

Though as animated shows go my favourite is still Avatar The Legend of Aang

Archived