iff

how to deal with trick or treaters  

83 members have voted

1. 1. how to deal with trick or treaters

• Get lots of candy and give them plenty
    • hide in a back room with lights off, hoping no one rings the door bell
    • leave a box of sweets outside with a note, not to ring the door
    • eat all the sweets in advance
    • answer the door and when they ask for sweets, tell them no and give them toothbrushes instead
    • open the door and then close it promptly when you realised that they were trick or treaters
    • just don't answer the door anyway every other day so keep this up
    • go out elsewhere so you are not at home
    • go trick or treaters with own children
    • do nothing
    • i object to this poll because you forgot ___________________________

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Moony Lovegood said:

@Member114264 You are like the Scrooge of Halloween 😆

I don't feel up to giving out candy, but hopefully someday in the future. I really enjoyed trick-or-treating when I was little.

Besides It'll be too cold out for any kid unless they come from up north where it's regularly 30's this time of the year.

Also it's flu season, trying to avoid an outbreak is important too.

2 minutes ago, Moony Lovegood said:

@Member114264 I meant for scaring them off with your dogs, it's fine that you're not handing out candy and don't want to answer your door.

They naturally loudly bark at everything.

So not my problem if they get scared, but if they don't good for them.

Personally, I'd pull a Calvin and Hobbes and hide in the bushes with a hose.

Image result for calvin and hobbes halloween"

Give them candy while wearing a costume of my own!

Comrade Kitty

I went trick or treating with friends, i was queen of hearts, and then my friends were the cheshire cat and alice, if anyone cares :P But yeah, my boring mom stayed home and gave out candy to the 5 kids who came by! Usually we get more than that, usually around 50 kids, but not this year! Where we live, there are two court yards, and i guess people go to the other courtyard first cause its closer to the front and dont notice there is another one. But now i get all the left over candy!!! :D 

We go out to dinner to hide from the start of it all. Then, once we come home, keep most of the lights off, ignore anyone who comes to the door, and either watch movies together in the family room or in our own rooms. Almost like we’re hiding. We used to give out candy (we tried to get the good stuff), and it was cute to see the kids. The problem is our neighborhood’s like a trick-or-treater destination. Everyone comes by from not just the neighborhood, but surrounding ones as well. We live in a house that’s right at a 3-way stop and in the middle of the neighborhood, so we stand out. When we handed out candy, we had to get several pounds of it. Even then, you weren’t sure if it’d last. Constantly answering the door is a pain, too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sexual but never wanted to have kids, so I find myself privileged to live in a condo that is locked, and does not appear to have families with kids. I have lived here for 10 years, and for most of that time, I have gone out and bought a 5 lb bag of candy. But the past couple of years, I haven't bothered. I do know it's bad for me (though i can't say that alone has done anything for my waistline; I have too many other dietary problems).

So, to answer the question, I probably fall between poll answers. I stay around my condo, but I don't do anything different. I just surf the web as i am doing right now. But these days, I'm not noshing on
Kit Kats, Mounds, Whoppers, and whatever else I would normally have on hand.

• 11 months later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived