LeChat

AVEN's 2019 Census Survey

Randomchaos
On 11/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, Jon A. said:

Also, although I don't fancy dealing with people in customer service who don't show a hint of friendliness, I'd rather have that than the phony smiles and scripted lines. I can see right through that stuff and I can't stand phonies

Honestly, most of the time, mine and my coworkers smiles aren't phony. Unless of course we have a customer that is super rude, or has resting bitch face lol. My friend actually commented on how fake I was one time lmao. We had a total bitch come up, and I just smiled my ass off, and had a really good tone going while helping her. I just laughed with my friend. 

My reason for doing this is two-fold, 1. I am being paid to deal with her. 2. It usually pisses people off a LOT if you are super up-beat while they are mad. 

It's mainly the 2nd reason though lol.

Customer service has taught me how to go from super pissed, can't believe this person is allowed to coexist with humanity, to "here you go miss, I hope you have a good day." With a big smile and a happy tone. 

If a customer is nice and polite, the smile is genuine. Yay for decent human beings/customers. Is basically what I end up thinking lol

• Like 1

AFlyingPiglet

Done!

Jon A.
19 hours ago, Randomchaos said:

Honestly, most of the time, mine and my coworkers smiles aren't phony. Unless of course we have a customer that is super rude, or has resting bitch face lol. My friend actually commented on how fake I was one time lmao. We had a total bitch come up, and I just smiled my ass off, and had a really good tone going while helping her. I just laughed with my friend. 

My reason for doing this is two-fold, 1. I am being paid to deal with her. 2. It usually pisses people off a LOT if you are super up-beat while they are mad. 

It's mainly the 2nd reason though lol.

Customer service has taught me how to go from super pissed, can't believe this person is allowed to coexist with humanity, to "here you go miss, I hope you have a good day." With a big smile and a happy tone. 

If a customer is nice and polite, the smile is genuine. Yay for decent human beings/customers. Is basically what I end up thinking lol

Hm, that makes me wonder where a neutral expression ends and a resting bitch face begins. As far as I know I don't normally mozie on into stores wearing the latter.

The front store staff at the pharmacy/convenience store at the end of the road often don't smile, yet in many cases I still get the standard line when I leave. Also, some of them don't ask for my membership card, so I have to take it out and hand it over when I can remember.

That second reason for doing what you do wasn't taught in my customer service class, but it ought to be. Way to think outside the box.

I don't run across that many decent human beings, especially when I'm trying to buy stuff from Kijiji ads, but I'm grateful when I do.

LeChat
On 11/3/2019 at 4:09 PM, Knight of Cydonia said:

Done.

It was a good survey, but I'd be interested in a section on asexual elitism. For example, they asked about negative experiences with the LGBT community (e.g. in discussion groups, meetings...) but not about the asexual community. Unfortunately I've had some very negative experiences with the asexual club at my school due to a prevalence of elitism and hating on "the straights" (also very positive ones when involving different groups, including an AVEN meetup, but still). 

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that you had negative experiences at your school's asexual club.

Your suggestion about future surveys asking about asexual elitism is interesting. The survey did have a space for people to write in comments/suggestions for possible future surveys.

LeChat

:) Just an update for everyone that this is the last, final week to fill out this year's survey.

It'll end Sat. November 30, unless the organizers decide to extend it, but, as they mentioned in their FAQ, there's no guarantee of that.

• Like 1

Janus DarkFox

Done and my first census which I should of done these in years gone by.

bobbypin

Done! 👌

LeChat
On 11/24/2019 at 8:06 AM, Janus DarkFox said:

Done and my first census which I should of done these in years gone by.

^_^ Ah, well, at least you've done it.

5 hours ago, bobbypin said:

Done! 👌

Ooh, you've just made it; the survey's about to end in a couple of days!

• Like 2

LeChat

So far, the survey's still up (so, for anyone who hasn't taken the survey, yet, you still can), although that could possibly end today or very soon, as an extension date wasn't given.

LeChat
On 10/25/2019 at 2:42 PM, FaerieFate said:

Gonna pin this. Can someone tag me and remind me to unpin it when the Survey is done? Thank you!

:) Alright. I'm letting you know that I've just checked the site, and the survey is closed; so you can unpin it. Thanks, for pinning it! Admods can also remove the banner notice on the main forum page, too.

Alright, everyone, that's a wrap. The survey is now closed. Thanks, for participating on the yearly survey. Until next year...

• Like 2

FaerieFate
32 minutes ago, LeChat said:

:) Alright. I'm letting you know that I've just checked the site, and the survey is closed; so you can unpin it. Thanks, for pinning it!

Thanks for notifying me! Hope it got good results! 

• Like 2

Phoenix the II
7 hours ago, LeChat said:

Admods can also remove the banner notice on the main forum page, too.

Done. :) Thanks!

• Like 1