crazy ace

What is you stance on Sex favourability?

How do you feel about sex favourability in Asexuals?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about sex favourability in Asexuals?

• Indifferent: Why should I care how they identify? It doesn't really affect me.
    • Anti: No, if you're sex-favourable, you're just sexual. An asexual does not want or inherently desire sex by definition
    • Pro: Of course there are sex-favorable aces, as this is entirely possible.. Stop invalidating them and accept them
  2. 2. How do you feel about it if the given definition is to enjoy sex, but not have it tied to attraction?

• indifferent
    • anti
    • pro
    • I disagree with the definition
  3. 3. If sex favourable means not minding having sex:

• indifferent
    • anti
    • pro
    • I disagree with this definition

Nowhere Girl
On 11/1/2019 at 9:12 AM, Knight of Cydonia said:

Sex-averse: willing to have a sex with a partner, but does not enjoy it (more than just being "meh" about it).

Nope. I identify as "sex-averse" - in the meaning that I'm not "sex-repulsed" because I have no generalised disgust with sexual issues, I'm fine with sex as long as it doesn't involve myself - and consider myself totally, unconditionally unwilling to have sex. Totally sexually unavailable. Even psychologically unable to try having sex without dying out of stress on the spot.

Knight of Cydonia
4 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Nope. I identify as "sex-averse" - in the meaning that I'm not "sex-repulsed" because I have no generalised disgust with sexual issues, I'm fine with sex as long as it doesn't involve myself - and consider myself totally, unconditionally unwilling to have sex. Totally sexually unavailable. Even psychologically unable to try having sex without dying out of stress on the spot.

I specified in my post that I was only talking about attitudes about sex involving oneself, specifically. So to me sex-repulsion means someone is personally repulsed at the idea of having sex themself - and says nothing about their attitude about the concept of sex as a whole when it involves other people. For example, you can be sex-positive (fine with others having sex) and still be sex-repulsed (personally replused by it and totally unwilling to have it yourself).

My definition was mainly motivated by my preference to keep attitudes regarding oneself and attitudes regarding sex as a whole separate, because there are so many nuances involved on both sides. But it's not meant to be a be-all, end-all definition - no one can agree on one anyways.

Nowhere Girl

@Phoenix the II @Puck @OptimisticPessimist (as admin/mod participants of the relevant topic) - definition debate forum please! 🤩

• Like 1

WünderBâhr
6 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

@Phoenix the II @Puck @OptimisticPessimist (as admin/mod participants of the relevant topic) - definition debate forum please! 🤩

Puck is a member of the Project Team, btw. The AVENwiki is a pretty good resource to look at. You can also check out the Site Info Center Forum for more useful info, like the thread Who Mods What, which lists the current Admins and Mods, along with their respective forums. 👍 Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

Nowhere Girl

But anyway, they took part in the discussion about a definition debate forum. I hope that it will be created.

• Like 1