Being lithromantic, how do you get over crushes?

Tired&gay

I discovered that I was lithromantic last year when I had a crush on a girl, and she ended up having a crush on me too. We didn't talk for about 4 months, and it was really hard and super awkward. 

We started talking again recently and it's made me realize that I might still have feelings for her. 

I have no clue what to do, cause it seems like I don't really matter to her anymore, even though she said we could still be friends. And I hate that I still have feelings after I made her go through all that. It's already hard having a regular crush and being awkward and self conscious, but now it's even harder cause I'm scared of what might happen or what she might think if she finds out.

We hung out recently, and she said something that basically meant she didn't like me romantically at all anymore. I get that it's probably a good thing, but it still hurts. Everything I'm feeling is so frustrating cause of how unfair it all is, and it's hard not mattering to her anymore...

How do you get over crushes? Cause it's so hard having to just sit through it and try to ignore it.

I feel you. I'd venture to say that getting over crushes is even harder for lithromantic(-ish) people, because 1) being happily in love never happened in the first place, and 2) we blame ourselves for being the one who messed the whole thing up.

DarkStormyKnight

*hugs for you if you want it* I'm not litho but it's so hard to get over crushes in general, I'm sorry bud. ❤️ 

ChaoswithCake

I find it's best to try to distract yourself? I don't think there really is a perfect solution though...

Archived