Can an aromantic ace have a dream about having a crush?

bluepink

I am ace and aro and I had a dream last night where I had a crush. What does this mean? I can’t imagine not being aroace and I don’t ever want to not be aroace.

P.S. I don’t have a crush in real life, it was only in the dream. I’m 18 and I’ve never had a crush in my life.

Galactic Turtle

Last I checked, dreams did not reflect reality. XD

Dreams could mean something but I've never given any thought to it. 

I had a dream that I had a dragon the other night. 

I do not have a dragon. 

But now that I think of it, this is a bad example because I would very much like a dragon. 

The point is, dreams are just our minds playing out and testing ridiculous scenarios. If you don't think they mean anything, then they don't. Plain and simple. 

RoseGoesToYale

Dreams can be heavily symbolic, e.g. dreaming about being pregnant when you're not could mean you're feeling full of something, or are in need of new ideas. Or maybe you just saw a pregnant person that day and your subconscious was like "Let's just put things where they don't belong!" Doesn't mean you want to be pregnant in real life. So maybe dreaming about having a crush means you're experiencing adoration for something, or you're accepting of qualities embodied by the person, or just random. Has no bearing on what you want in real life.

Yea that would be pretty weird. Interpreting dreams is always what I love to *try* to do. You should type or write down what you remember of your dream as soon as you wake up and the date that you had it. Maybe you can notice some recurring patterns.  

Dreams don't really mean anything and aren't necessarily reflective of how you actually are, so yeah.

You can dream what you like. That doesn't make you who you are. You can even kill people in dreams, its still just a dream

Archived