Finally feeling some relief

JugglerGirl

Hello!

So. . . I have had a really hard time figuring out my sexuality after initially coming out as asexual to my Mom when I was 15 but then dating and subsequently getting married a few years ago kind of threw a spanner in the works.

After splitting with my ex wife in no small part because our marriage didn't have much sex in it. I finally had the space I needed to just be a single person and spend a large ammount of time in self reflection and now I feel a huge sense of relief that there is a label I can give myself. The ability to, in a way lean on an identity/label that actually feels like a good fit has relieved so much pressure I felt to conform.

For a long time I identified as pansexual and figured if I just kept trying I'd find someone or a situation where I felt attraction like "everyone else" left me feeling like there was something deeply wrong with me. I was confused because I definitely feel romantic attraction. Apologies, if I'm not using the terms correctly this is all very new to me and I'd be happy if anyone wishes to politely correct me. Anyways, holding hands and doing activities with a SO was something I enjoyed and having a partner gave me emotional support/ a safe space to open up BUT sex always felt like something I just wasn't working hard enough to enjoy. I assumed there were so few asexual people that I couldn't possibly be among them.

Well not anymore. I no longer feel like I HAVE to have sex with anyone to be a complete human being and I just don't know how to express how liberating that is.

*****just to clarify I'm aware of consent and feeling like I had to have sex was an internal pressure not external.

45 minutes ago, daveb said:

Welcome!

151c509c3d230c9b1c2b618686781089.jpg

Ahhh juggling cake!!!!!!! 😍😍😍😍

scarletlatitude
11 hours ago, JugglerGirl said:

For a long time I identified as pansexual and figured if I just kept trying I'd find someone or a situation where I felt attraction like "everyone else" left me feeling like there was something deeply wrong with me.

I used to feel similar. I figured I had to be sexual because that's what people are right? But when I found AVEN I was like wait what? This is a thing? There are people like me? :D 

Welcome to the community! 

I was convinced I was just extremely repressed, I mean I was in a way.  .  . So happy this place exists!!!

And thanks!!!

Archived