People with glasses

Short-sighted and, due to age, starting to need computer and reading glasses too. Triple whammy! 👓

Short-sighted. I’m getting new glasses next week and a week on Monday I have a contact lens appointment.

DarkStormyKnight

Near-sighted too! And definitely prefer glasses over contact lenses. :) 

Im shortsighted. I do wear contacts from time to time but i prefer my glasses to contacts bc i find that my vision is still kinda blurry with them so i dont wear them that often. 

near-sighted, with astigmatism

also use different glasses for computer work and different ones for really fine closeup work (but not for reading)

Very shortsighted and have worn glasses since I was 8 or so. I've tried contacts but can't stand them. 

when i was 9 i got glasses for being far-sighted, but now i have them for being very near-sighted. i don’t even know the logic behind that, but yeah i have glasses.

DuranDuranfan

I’m far-sighted. I’ve worn glasses since I was a nine month old baby. I was born with a strabismus, and as well as having to wear glasses, I had to wear a patch over my right eye to force me to use my left eye(the weaker eye). I had a operation to re-align my left eye, but still don’t have complete alignment. It’s affected my depth perception and that’s why I choose not to drive.

Worn them for over 50 years. Pretty useless without them. First thing I do in the morning is put them on. Last thing at night is take them off. I'm so used to them I don't even think about them.

@kenny. 😂

My vision gradually turned to crap. I went for kind of a long time without glasses or contacts, and when I got a pair of glasses it was insane how clearly I could see. I think I figured after a while that things in the distance were supposed to be kind of blurry?

4 hours ago, kenny. said:

when i was 9 i got glasses for being far-sighted, but now i have them for being very near-sighted. i don’t even know the logic behind that, but yeah i have glasses.

Some people who are farsighted as children grow out of it as they grow into adulthood. They might not need glasses at all for a while, and then may eventually become nearsighted (or need glasses for reading and such as they get older, like many people who never needed glasses when they were younger). That happened with my sister. Unfortunately, people do not tend to grow out of nearsightedness. :P 

2 minutes ago, daveb said:

Some people who are farsighted as children grow out of it as they grow into adulthood. They might not need glasses at all for a while, and then may eventually become nearsighted (or need glasses for reading and such as they get older, like many people who never needed glasses when they were younger). That happened with my sister. Unfortunately, people do not tend to grow out of nearsightedness. :P 

that's interesting... after wearing glasses to read since i was far-sighted, i had near perfect vision around the age of 13 for about a year until becoming near-sighted, so that makes a lot of sense (thanks for explaining!). too bad near-sightedness isn't something people grow out of!

Celyn: The Lutening

Shortsighted mainly in my left eye, continually getting worse as it tends to do. Worn glasses since I was 11.

Hated them at first but now can't be seen without glasses.

Pretty badly near-sighted. Been wearing glasses since elementary school, and can't fuction beyond a level of "not running into walls and furniture" without them at this point.

I have near sightedness that gets worse the older I get. I started wearing glasses when I was 18, but probably should have started wearing them way before that because I had already been nearsighted for a long time at that point, although it wasn't as bad. I started wearing contacts a few months ago shortly after turning 28. 

Near/short-sighted. -2.75 in glasses and -2.50 in contacts. I strongly prefer contacts over glasses. I only wear glasses at bedtime and if my eyes are bothering me.

Nearsighted. I can read and use a phone fine unassisted, but anything further away is harder.

My left eye is more messed up than my right eye. It is annoying. I much prefer glasses, I rarely notice I'm wearing them, and I've had them so long they are part of my self image.

41 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Nearsighted. I can read and use a phone fine unassisted, but anything further away is harder.

Same here. That's why I don't really wear my glasses or contacts when I'm at home, since I don't usually need to see more than a few feet in front of me when I'm at home. However when I'm driving, at work, or out running errands, I definitely need them.

Janus the Fox

-2.50 and - 3.00 myopia with slight astigmatism requiring glasses full time since about eh age of 7.  Vision is always a constant worsening requiring new every year or two, whichever if there's a flare-up in one of optic nerves requiring attention more regular that is changing the vision regularly.

I do, I’m near sighted. My eyes are TERRIBLE without them. I had contact lenses but I ran out of them so I need to order more, but they are so expensive.

I've got glasses too. I'm near sighted.

I just got into the shower with my glasses on. Sorry, I had to share.

2 hours ago, Zagadka said:

I just got into the shower with my glasses on. Sorry, I had to share.

And with a phone or a tablet? :lol:

I wear glasses due to astigmatism, starting when I was 25. I'm sure I should have had them long before that but I hadn't had an eye exam in over a decade. I strongly advise against such neglect because my symptoms seemed to get worse in a very short period of time and it scared the crap out of me. I didn't know just how bad my vision was until I saw it corrected; now I hate to be without my glasses, I can't stand the blurring. I don't know the numbers but my right eye is a little stronger than the left. I put off having an eye exam again for a few years, partially due to lack of funds. I was kind of forced to go in last time because my frames had cracked. Fortunately my prescription had changed very little. I plan to get eye exams at regular intervals from now on.

I was born with crossed eyes (strabismus) and was far-sighted. My ophthalmologist used bifocals to correct my strabismus over the course of a few years. Like other posters, I spent about two years with correct vision and didn't need glasses, but I've gradually grown more and more near-sighted ever since.

Twisted Tempest

I not sure if it counts, but I have a problem with my eyes that makes them insanely photosensitive, so I have these special prescribed sunglasses that I have to wear to protect them. 

Archived