Hi, I'm New Here

LunaVamp

Hi, everyone. I'm new on this site welll I've been on before but I've only just made an account. Anyways, I'm not sure if I'm asexual but I think I might be. I'm kinda unsure of my sexuality. I've had crushes before but those where on actors, well kind of the characters they played but I didn't have feelings of sexual attraction to the actors. I just found them good looking and I liked their character's personality and ended up forming a crush on them. A crush that was sort of like admiration and sort of romantic. I know you can't have a romantic relationship with a fictional character but I wished I could. Like sometimes when watching the show or movie I felt like I would reach in and hug them or kiss them when they did something I found cute or adorable, if I was able to do so. Also that's only who I have had crushes on; fictional male characters never any real life people. I mean I have thought a guy was very good looking and might have had a tiny crush on them but not like I have fictional guys. While a teen, I never faniced any guys in my school and I never was interested in dating, I just liked fictional guys like I just said. I'd like to have a relationship with a guy one day but I don't feel like I'd want anything sexual, just romance and friendship. Also if I try to imagine myself having sex I'm like ERM no thanks, so yeah I can't really imagine myself having that kind of relationship and I don't particularly want one but I can picture myself in a romantic one with a guy I really like and that's all I feel like all I would ever want. I also hate sex scenes on TV. There's no need for them and sometimes if there's too much of them it puts me off watching something because I don't want to see it, it just doesn't interest me. Also the only crushes I had or people I liked in a romantic way was males and I'm a female. Anyway, I posted this because like I said I'm unsure of my sexuality because I've never been in a relationship or ever really had full proper feelings for a real life guy, just a thought of he's good looking and seems cool or maybe I had but hadn't been aware of it at the time and maybe someone here can help me figure it out. Does this sound like I might be asexual or something else?

Back to Avalon

If you have romantic feelings for members of the opposite sex but don't want a sexual relationship with someone, you might identify as a heterromantic asexual. If you have strong feelings toward fictional characters, you might identify as fictosexual. I'm sure there's a list of sexual, romantic, and gender terms on this site, but I can't find it yet. I'll keep looking.

It's a tradition here to welcome new members with virtual cakes, so here's a vampire cake!

Vampire-Cake.jpg

Back to Avalon

This looks like a good thread. There are probably related resources on the site.

OK thanks, I'll try looking for the list too and lol thank you for the cake. :)

Ah, thanks for finding it and linking it. 

Fraggle Underdark

Welcome!

Here's a Gangrel cake

gangrel_cake_by_bastart6_d6h2z1f-fullvie

A belated welcome to AVEN!

You could be Asexual, since you describe a lack of Sexual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone (This is different from arousal, which doesn't always lead to desiring sex).

But there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.

There's Romantic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship (I still don't know what that is, I'm Aromantic).

There's Sensual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like cuddling.

There's Aesthetic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty (you can't take your eyes off them).

There's Platonic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a close friendship with someone.

And more.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Vampire Masquerade" cake (all edible),

http://cakesdecor.com/cakes/218568-vampire-masquerade-cake

e2rckopnkssqlgh1adbr.jpg

Archived