Salutations!

Bookmanjr

Hello! I'm a young adult that's known that i... Never really had an interest in sexual relations for a while. I never looked at somebody during school and thought 'I'd spend a night with them'. For a while i thought i was weird and possibly broken but then i discovered asexuality (honestly, through fanfiction of all things) and thought 'oh hey - my people'. Another yay for the internet i suppose.

In my free time I play Overwatch and other games, bake, read, and write.

Nice to meet you all!

(Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong!)

Thanks! (I don't know if replying to all replies is a thing or not, but i usually try to haha). She must be made pretty much entirety of rice krispies and chocolate.

I'm going to eventually need to make my sister one with either Hanzo or Zen, they're her mains. 

You're welcome!

My guess would be sugarpaste, as that seems to be the standard for sculpted cakes and toppers, but you could be right about her being made of Rice Krispies and chocolate instead.

I think that's a nice idea, making one for your sister.

Be sure to post a photo in Open Mic when you do, as I'd love to see it.

Welcome! 🍰

I never had those thoughts during my time in school either, I had a hard time just imagining/wanting one of them touching me (like a hug) and could not for the life of me understand what my friends were going on about, "why would anybody want that?".

Nice to meet you too!

Welcome! You mean you wouldn’t have a sleepover with them? You bully :P 

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

7 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

You're welcome!

My guess would be sugarpaste, as that seems to be the standard for sculpted cakes and toppers, but you could be right about her being made of Rice Krispies and chocolate instead.

I think that's a nice idea, making one for your sister.

Be sure to post a photo in Open Mic when you do, as I'd love to see it.

To be honest, a lot of what i know is from tv and random googling, but I don't recall ever hearing of sugarpaste?

Ill definitely have to remember to do that! It'll be a while though, I'm still learning haha. 

6 hours ago, AM42 said:

Welcome! 🍰

I never had those thoughts during my time in school either, I had a hard time just imagining/wanting one of them touching me (like a hug) and could not for the life of me understand what my friends were going on about, "why would anybody want that?".

Nice to meet you too!

I did end up having a boyfriend during high school, but we broke up after I couldn't bring myself to do anything besides to occasional kiss with him. Luckily my friends were cool people who didn't mind that i wasn't usually a touchy-feely person. 

Thanks for the cake! 

46 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! You mean you wouldn’t have a sleepover with them? You bully :P 

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

Well, some of them sure haha. I think in the entirety of my school years i went to four of their houses for a night and had one of them over. Usually for band purposes lol. Marching band has some late nights. 

Thanks for the cake, that looks like a good one to make!

14 hours ago, Bookmanjr said:

I did end up having a boyfriend during high school, but we broke up after I couldn't bring myself to do anything besides to occasional kiss with him. Luckily my friends were cool people who didn't mind that i wasn't usually a touchy-feely person. 

Lucky you! I had, and still have, friends who don't understand I don't want to hug as a way of greeting. It makes for quite awkward situations sometimes, and those are my friends. Why do some strangers want to hug when first meeting them? Do you find yourself in these situations as well?

16 hours ago, Bookmanjr said:

To be honest, a lot of what i know is from tv and random googling, but I don't recall ever hearing of sugarpaste?

Ill definitely have to remember to do that! It'll be a while though, I'm still learning haha. 

Here's a good channel about cake sculpting: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1h_88nvQbfbEZPpXRguzA 

Welcome to AVEN 🍰 Have a piece of welcome cake. You are in the right place for this and feel free to reach out. 

You are not alone, you are not broken, you are just you and there is nothing wrong with that. Can definitely relate to the alleviation finding out about asexuality and I am glad that you are here!

Like you, I have never experience sexual attraction for my entire life and don't feel comfortable when people touch me. Can understand why people are attractive but never figure out why people are hot. 

Hope you enjoy it here :) 

Archived