hello all

lonewolf Nomad

lonewolf Nomad

Hello Everyone please call me Lonewolf Nomad,

I am a 40 year old divorcee who has regretably been trying to repress my true asexual/aromantic nature for the majority of my life.

Now that I am finally finished with the divorce, and quickly approaching middle age, I have at long last chosen to finally embrace my true nature. My entire life, I have found it a struggle just to "fit in" As a man who really has never really had any real romantic/sexual attraction to anyone, I still went against my nature and tried to "Man Up", and do the whole date,marry and kids thing. ugh it was actually torture. Every day of my life until my kids finally achieved adulthood I was constantly trying to force myself to act "AS IF"

In the end it was neither fair to myself or my now ex-wife.

I am so grateful that I can now honestly embrace my True Nature and live the life I was actually naturally inclined to lead.

Internetlionboy

Welcome it's a tradition to welcome new members with cake so here you go! 🍰

Also I'm proud of you for discovering yourself and understanding yourself better ^^ I hope you like it here

Fraggle Underdark

Welcome!

2e284468e1e22adc8f1d361171e48756.jpg

Halloween cake! 

Image result for halloween cake

I'm proud you finally can embrace who you truely want to be. At least you still have so much time ahead of you where you can enjoy life to the fullest. 

lonewolf Nomad

Thank you all for the warm welcome, It just feels so Odd for lack of a better term to actually be able to finally converse with people of a like mind and spirit.My entire life I have felt as if just to "fit" in I was forced to live a lie.Once I finally came out and informed most of my friends about my asexual and aromantic nature, they all started looking at me as if I had four heads or something.Even though I have been divorced for just over a decade now.And most of my current crop of friends have not even see me so much as date.

I am seriously taking a good hard long look at the people I socialize with here at home, and making some hard decisions. If my friends can not accept me for me, then there is no real reason to continue having them in my life. Since finally accepting who and what I am, I have begun to finally now in my 40's live the life I have always dreamed of living. My only regret is that I fought my own nature for so long.

@lonewolf Nomad Welcome to AVEN!

I'm sorry that you repressed your true nature for so long, but congratulations on living your life as yourself from this point on!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Wolf" cake (all edible),

http://cakesdecor.com/cakes/247298-wolf

gzypwspd8zbfgocakp14.jpg

Welcome! Well you’re free now, and that’s what matters. Take the time to get to know yourself and your needs better, and live the life you want to live :) 

csc_8469.jpg

On 10/16/2019 at 2:39 AM, lonewolf Nomad said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome, It just feels so Odd for lack of a better term to actually be able to finally converse with people of a like mind and spirit.My entire life I have felt as if just to "fit" in I was forced to live a lie.Once I finally came out and informed most of my friends about my asexual and aromantic nature, they all started looking at me as if I had four heads or something.Even though I have been divorced for just over a decade now.And most of my current crop of friends have not even see me so much as date.

I am seriously taking a good hard long look at the people I socialize with here at home, and making some hard decisions. If my friends can not accept me for me, then there is no real reason to continue having them in my life. Since finally accepting who and what I am, I have begun to finally now in my 40's live the life I have always dreamed of living. My only regret is that I fought my own nature for so long.

I've come out to several friends, some long term and some only a few years and younger. Even though they hadn't heard of asexuality, they were completely understanding of my decision.

One friend, a girl (she moved to Alberta back in '88) that I've known since we were teens said that the world is so over-sexed that there has to be people like me that just don't fit the stereotype of sexual people.

None of them have treated me any differently since I've told them. I've posted a thread discussing my coming out and there are other posts about telling/coming out if you are considering being out as asexual.

Good luck in the future.

Archived