Introducing myself!

Sammy :)

Hi! I'm a first time poster and I actually just joined so go easy on me if I'm doing this wrong :). I recently discovered I'm probably am asexual and, honestly, seeing all the people on this site also identifying as such is so relieving it brings tears to my eyes. For a long time I hadn't even considered that I could be asexual just because that was never really an option for me (despite the fact I never felt sexual attraction). I had heard the term in passing but I hadn't known some asexuals experience romantic attraction and I am very much a hopeless romantic so believed I couldn't possibly be asexual. Well, one girl I had a big crush on (I'm homoromantic) told me she was asexual but heteroromantic and suddenly my eyes were open. I did some research and I believe that it fits me. It scared me at first (still does to some extent) as I believe I won't find anyone to be in a romantic relationship with. Additionally I have to come out again (Im already out as gay) which sucks and I'm generally afraid of people not understanding and saying I'm just confused. Overall, I'm just felling a lot right now and would like to hear from some of you and see what this community is like :) Thank you for taking the time to read my stream of consciousness!

Hi @Sammy :), welcome to the forum! They're a really friendly bunch on here so I'm sure you will feel right at home.

Asexuality isn't something you hear about all that often, so I think you're totally right in saying it can all be quite scary... I felt the same way! The great thing about this forum is that you will come across many stories of asexual people in relationships and enjoying life just the same as anybody of another sexual identity, which I think is the most reassuring thing because it can feel lonely and isolating at first. This site is all about people understanding each-other, sharing experiences and lifting each-other up, so I hope you enjoy it and really get something positive from being here.

Also, there's a tradition on this site of people sharing a 'welcome cake', so here you are:

46a388048e21cfa9afc4f1e2d3e7d629.jpg

asingularbraincell

Hi Sammy!! I am so excited that you've joined, I just joined a few days ago, too, feeling very similar to how you felt (except I'm heteroromantic, but otherwise we're twinsies!!). It's a tradition around here to welcome new members with cake, so here's a pretty cake in a nice shade of purple to celebrate your asexuality!!

purple-cake.jpg

This community has been so welcoming to me, and I've already made a lot of connections through just exploring the hundreds of threads and topics and reaching out to others! It's been such a fun few days, and because of this community I was able to come out to three of my closest friends, and my older brother. Since I've discovered I was asexual it's like my whole life finally clicked into place and I feel like a completely new person!! If you ever want to chat feel free message me! I hope you have a great time here! Welcome again!! 😄

@Sammy :) - pleasure! :D

Just a thought, there's a whole thread dedicated to homoromantic asexuals that may be of interest to you also while you are getting started on the site. I'll post the link below. Take care and have a good night.

Welcome @Sammy :)

I discovered I was ace about two years ago (still in the closet though) and am still feeling a lot of things, so many I created my account a few days ago and I'm already feeling more calm and less confused thanks to everyone here.

🍰

Hi @AM42 welcome to you too ❤️ I'm starting to feel a little less confused too and I'm glad we both found this site and community. 

Internetlionboy

Heya welcome! I'm happy that you've found a label that fits you! I hope you enjoy it here and know that you're so valid ❤️

Welcome! As you’ve probably realised, this community is very cake filled, hope you like cake :P 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Archived