Welcome new AVEN board members

michaeld

Hi all,

I'd like to welcome new AVEN Board of Directors members @WünderBâhr and @yazybee.

Recently @ithaca stepped down from the board, and we have opted for two replacements. We would like to thank @ithaca for years of service and devotion to AVEN. :cake:

@WünderBâhr as many of you will know will bring a wealth of experience to the role, having previously served as moderator, admin and training team member. They have always been very well respected by the teams and by members. We imagine they will have a critical role liaising between different teams and the board, and bringing up member concerns and suggestions where needed.

For @yazybee on the other hand we have in mind a more external-facing role, as a representative in the media and on speaking and writing engagements. We hope this role as a representative of AVEN will allow her to build on her existing excellent visibility and education work.

The board of directors in full then will be:

@AVENguy
@Coleslaw
@Kelly
@michaeld

@WünderBâhr
@yazybee

For the original announcement about AVEN's incorporation and the role of the board, please see
https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/140364-announcement-of-avens-incorporation/

Please join me in welcoming @WünderBâhr and @yazybee to the board! :cake:

- michaeld

Internetlionboy

Welcome and congrats!

RoseGoesToYale

This is the only time I would ever say this... that's a nice BOD you've got there! :lol:

Congratulations! :cake::cake::cake:

1 hour ago, GhostGoesToWail said:

This is the only time I would ever say this... that's a nice BOD you've got there! :lol:

*chucklesnorts* Beary punny! 😄😅😂

On 10/15/2019 at 4:45 AM, michaeld said:

Hi all,

I'd like to welcome new AVEN Board of Directors members @WünderBâhr and @yazybee.

Recently @ithaca stepped down from the board, and we have opted for two replacements. We would like to thank @ithaca for years of service and devotion to AVEN. :cake:

@WünderBâhr as many of you will know will bring a wealth of experience to the role, having previously served as moderator, admin and training team member. They have always been very well respected by the teams and by members. We imagine they will have a critical role liaising between different teams and the board, and bringing up member concerns and suggestions where needed.

For @yazybee on the other hand we have in mind a more external-facing role, as a representative in the media and on speaking and writing engagements. We hope this role as a representative of AVEN will allow her to build on her existing excellent visibility and education work.

The board of directors in full then will be:

@AVENguy
@Coleslaw
@Kelly
@michaeld

@WünderBâhr
@yazybee

For the original announcement about AVEN's incorporation and the role of the board, please see
https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/140364-announcement-of-avens-incorporation/

Please join me in welcoming @WünderBâhr and @yazybee to the board! :cake:

- michaeld

Thank you Mic. Serving AVEN has been an honour and a joy, and I can say that it really has changed my life after so many years.

I would like to congratulate and thank both @WünderBâhr and @yazybee for all their work, and wish them all the best in their future endeavours as BOD members. 

I will really miss our meetings, @michaeld, @AVENguy, @Coleslaw and @Kelly, but I'm lucky to consider you friends and hope to see you all again soon in real life, or at least to stay in touch online for those of you who are very far away.

I'd also like to thank all the Admod Team who have been companions for years to my AVEN roller-coaster of emotion, and who often get a lot more nastiness compared to the love and thank-yous they deserve for running the day-to-day business of the AVEN community. 

I'm getting all teary so I'd better go...

Have fun, old and new BOD members! No doubt I'll keep feeling proud of you all!

Thanks @ithaca - it was great having you on the board. I hope we can meet in December after I'm back, and of course several of us should be meeting for a particular special day next year! :)

57 minutes ago, michaeld said:

Thanks @ithaca - it was great having you on the board. I hope we can meet in December after I'm back, and of course several of us should be meeting for a particular special day next year! :)

We should definitely meet when you're back so you can tell me all about your travels and how you found some of our friends and BOD members 😛 and yes I'm so honoured that some of you (still hope all of you) will be coming to the wedding ❤️ 

Archived