Queerty — Perez Hilton posts cringeworthy video about asexuality

Homer

This just in: Perez Hilton may or may not be asexual. He’s not sure. And neither are we.

On the eve of National Coming Out Day, the 41-year-old blogger released a video this week about sexual identity in which he wrongly conflates asexuality and abstinence and then laughs about it before going back and forth on whether or not he might be ace.

October 11, 2019 - https://www.queerty.com/perez-hilton-posts-cringeworthy-video-asexuality-20191011

RoseGoesToYale

Before I clicked the link I thought "How could any journalist misspell Paris that badly?". But yes, it is Perez Hilton and not Paris Hilton.

Hm. The article is being really critical of him, but if you watch the video, he's really just criticizing Trisha Paytas, and not actually saying he's asexual. I don't get why the author of the article is acting so offended. I mean, sure, he clearly doesn't understand asexuality, but that's kind of the point he's making. He's imitating Trisha Paytas' ignorance. 

The 'I am asexual' in the title is just clickbait. He's just trying to cash in on YouTube drama, which he explicitly admits in the video. This isn't about asexuality.

23 hours ago, NimaToad said:

this might date me, but who is Perez Hilton?

I googled his name and he's some blogger who posts celebrity gossip or something like that. Never heard of him before this.

Yeah, this guy is purposely ripping on how some people adopt identities without understanding what the identity even means... by pretending to be one of those very people. It's SATIRE!!

Archived