I'm Confused, is it a Squish, Crush, or Me Overthinking?

shadow8

THIS IS VERY LONG, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:I've considered myself Ace/Aro for a while now,but last Wednesday has left me confused and nervous.I have two friends that I have.One I've had for a few years and the other who we hung out as friendly acquaintances last year, who became someone who joined our group at the very end of the year.I think she is a nice person, but that's it.We hang around a bit and talk but not 24/7, I'll call her A and the former B.Because A is someone I don't know much about and is a nice person, I have curiosity and want to know her a little better and talk about her a bit.B ships us(yes our school has a moderate problem with that,B was actually a victim last year, but actually ended up having feelings for the person she was somewhat forced to date and got stuck in a love triangle)Now, some background on me when someone asks me if I have a crush:I have a tendency to overthink (which can get a bit obsessive) and it has been getting worse as I have gotten older,so when something embarrassing/Something that makes me question something I have felt right with for so long,I can overthink about the person/thing for many days (4-10),I get very nervous when someone asks me if I have a crush,but I get nervous from them not believing me when I tell the truth and that it is an embarrassing question, not because I have a crush I don't want people to know about,so the nervousness can cause butterflies,blushing, and increased heartbeat.I'm oblivious to flirting, can appreciate romance if written well, or be happy for a couple, but not want it myself.I've had a weird What if scenario that is similar to a KoToR 2 in many ways but on the Earth where after the main adventure I'm Blackmailed by two of my friends into dating 2 of the crew members, who I reject.So I do the romantic stuff out of obligation and pity, but don't enjoy it at all or learn to be indifferent.So B says that there is something going between A and me, which I immediately deny, and my nervousness starts to manifest itself.She says that I talk about her alot, which I don't believe as B has overexragated things before and is the only one who points this out.So she starts naming our friends and says that I gave A "different look" in my eyes when i didn't feel any different.I continue to say no, she says that I am clinging onto my Ace/Aro labels because I don't want accept change and use me being a trans male to say it makes things harder.I don't believe her and this is where everything is now.So I have started feeling nervous around A after that but only after what B said before then I felt normal.So I think about A alot and it is stressing me out, anything I think of her is platonic and I have no desire to date her, I don't find her attractive at all physically.Any thoughts that are romantic are me being disgusted and are either intrusive, What if, or curiosity.Quizzes say me having a crush is in the negatory or that it is a squish.I will look around for her out of paranoia and I believe I feel weird due to either consciously or subconsciously remembering the situation and/or seeing B around as it is something I do.It wouldn't make much sense for me to immediately develop a crush after what B said and the thoughts have been getting less and less.I still feel Ace/Aro and am not comfortable with anything I see as romantic.Am I having a crush, squish ,Or overthinking to an unhealthy degree?

Cole's Username

People and especially friends have this wonderful tendency to make everything excessively uncomfortable and worse than they need to be 😁. What you're describing to me isn't at all a crush, I'd consider a crush someone you love but aren't in a relationship with yet. What you're describing is more akin to "I may end up having a crush on this person later, but right now I don't and I'd just like to know them better."

Moving on, I'd say if that whole thing with shipping is a rampant problem both at your school in general and more specifically your friend, you should go up to them and have a serious "hey this whole thing makes me excessively uncomfortable and stressed. I know you're just trying to tease me but I really consider myself asexual right now and I worry that it'll ruin the relationship I have with person A." The main point is to just be super up front and serious that "no really, i don't like this and it makes me uncomfortable," they're your good friend so that should be the end of that. Hopefully some of this puts your mind a hit more at ease 😁

Thanks, I feel a bit more at peace reading that and what you suggested is a good idea.Thought I still don't think I will end up having a crush, I wont deny it could change because I'm still young.

Archived