Emoji meanings 👄♠️ HELP

Confused2468

My husband received a message yesterday asking where he was at the time of this persons text and if he was still with his customers( in sales), my husband responded ,”Yes”,!then the unknown person sends my. husband immediately following 

👄 

♠️ 

Wtf???

I’m not sure who sent it to him- from reading , my interpretation of what I’ve read leads me to believe it’s regarding something sexual, ??gay, asexual ?? Please ask questions  to help figure this out? What can I do? I’m freaked out... does it mean he’s cheating? Together for 4!years married 2, he has 3 kids, I have 3 kids -all in high school/college, I adore my husband.

My lack of relationship experience probably doesn't make me super qualified to answer this question, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

Probably the best thing to do would just be to calmly ask your husband about it before jumping to any conclusions. Text-based communication can be difficult to interpret at times due to a lack of context, and emojis can be even more obscure. The best way to gain concrete information would be to talk to him directly, face to face. As cliche as it sounds, relationships need to be built on trust and communication anyways, so if you don't feel like you can ask your husband about things that concern you, then that might be a sign that there's something deeper that needs to be worked on in your relationship.

TL;DR: You're just going to have to ask your husband about it if you want any real answers.

Sorry I can't be of any more help! Best of luck to you!

The great thing- we can communicate only at times, I don’t word things or say things that conveys my overall feelings in a sensitive way. I don’t want to be accusatory due to lack of knowledge of asexuality. Layman terms please 

I'm not sure anyone here is going to be able to really answer that since we don't know the dynamics of any of the relationships.

I know when I run across things that are difficult for me to convey emotionally, and when I'm way more gruff in my response than normal, I'll write things out, then wait and reread it when I'm in a better mind frame or the initial blaaarg bring out the pitchforks feeling! has passed. If it's time sensitive, I have a third party look at what I'm trying to say sounds more sensitive and less emotionally driven.

Janus the Fox

Thats a kisses emoji it isnt usually anything sexual and could be a social thing like the old X for kisses or O for hugs, id often get xoxox something like that from family.

Okay, well, obviously, I'm not 100% sure because I don't know anything about that person who texted your husband or their relationship to him, but, in the asexual community, generally, spades signify an asexual, specifically, an aromantic asexual.

From http://wiki.asexuality.org/Asexual_slang

...Some asexuals use the ace of spades or ace of hearts to represent their orientation. The ace of hearts is more commonly used for romantic asexuals, whereas an aromantic asexual would generally use the spade...

♥ Ace of Hearts - alloromantic asexuals
♠ Ace of Spades - aromantic asexuals

So, my possible guess would be (which also could be completely wrong because it could also be possible that it's just a cover, if there's something romantic or sexual going on between them), that the emojis might've meant something like, "Kisses. No romo." (i.e. not in a romantic way).

It's impossible to tell whether that person could be a family member, a friend, coworker, etc.

The problem with emoji texts is that there is absolutely no context to them and you literally have to work with only what you have. I personally am bad at deciphering emoji texts since I hardly use them.

I don't know whatever or not, you or your husband are an ace. If neither of you are ace, then I don't think that the ♠️ emoji was used as a slang for an asexual person in that case.

However, it is very possible that the emoji itself means that you are not supposed to interpretate the message in a sexual way...

It is also possible that that the emoji conveys a message that absolutely nothing to do with asexuality and it was just to confuse you.