I doubt i'll ever come out

GutsyCowardLep

GutsyCowardLep

not really sure where to post this topic but since it has to do with my romantic orientation I thought it would go here if not sorry.

I consider myself Demi-biromantic I guess though I rarely feel romantic attraction at all.

I've thought about telling some of my family that i'm close to that I feel attraction (aesthetically and sensually) to both males and females (though more commonly with women) but I doubt that I ever will because i'm afraid they wont understand or accept it. plus once I told someone there would always be a chance of them telling someone.

I very rarely feel romantic attraction to anyone though I think I could fall in love with a man, but I can't see myself coming home and introducing someone who I considered my boyfriend to my parents. 

I feel like its a bit cowardly to hide a bit of myself away (not that its anyone's business how I feel about someone) but my family has been my only pillar of emotional and mental stability and I don't think I could handle them not excepting me. 

its just been on my mind recently so I wanted to share to people I wouldn't feel judged by.

Internetlionboy

Hey it's ok to not come out! There's different reasons why someone wouldn't come out so don't feel pressured to come out when you're not ready

I don't think I'll ever come out either, but for different reasons. I know it's not the most fun in the closet, but if it beats the alternative then welcome to the closet club. You're welcome here as long as you like. ☺️

I'm probably never coming out. Unless someone guesses, then they get rewarded, I suppose. I don't know. It isn't cowardly, it just isn't anyone's business unless they need to know, and almost no one needs to know. The only awkward thing for me is LGBTQ+ things where I feel out of place sometimes, but that doesn't really bother me.

You’re not doing anything wrong by keeping things private for now.  Coming out doesn’t necessarily make things easier; as you alluded to, it can instead just open another cans of worms.  Example: I’m personally not interested in becoming the poster child for asexuality in my family and community and constantly being asked annoying and invasive questions by people who clearly don’t know how to use Google.  I don’t know how all the activists do it.

Archived