Weird romantic attraction manifestation?

SallyBlackwater

SallyBlackwater

I'm currently crushing quite hard on a guy and that made me think about the peculiar way my romantic attraction manifests itself, the few times that it does (this is actually the second time for me that it's THIS strong. I'm kind of amazed xD). Basically, I can spend months, or even years, interacting with the future object of my crush without having any romantic feelings for them. I might admire them and think they're cool, but no crush. Then, something minor happens (in my case: a dream, and a weird conversation between me, the guy, and another girl), and it's as if someone had flipped a switch. It feels so weird and must sound very strange to read xD I'm not sure if there's a name for this phenomenon and, anyway, I just wanted to share 😃

This doesn't sound at all strange to me because this type of attraction is what makes me question if demi would be a better label for myself. If I develop a crush, it is almost always within the first 2-3 times of meeting a person. I have only developed a delayed and rather spontaneous romantic attraction like you are describing twice, but both were/are significantly stronger. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, weird things do happen. 🙂 The way I see it, it's a fairly clear sign that the romantic attraction has a deeper meaning, as opposed to a 'crush at first sight' that often goes away as quickly as it manifested itself.

I know this. I had this a few times. In three cases I am sure it was a crush. One person I told but she didn't feel the same, one person was my now ex boyfriend and the third I didn't tell. And there are a few I am not sure if I have a crush on them, but I wouldn't mind making out with them if they would ask me. With the last ones it also took some time, about a year or more, until I realized this. I am anxious to tell them. I don't want to pressure them as I like our connection, but I want to communicate that I am open to do if/when they want it.

Archived