Sandra B

ASEXUAL AWARENESS WEEK PANEL DISCUSSION IN BERKELEY NEED PANELISTS

Sandra B
ARE YOU AN ASEXUAL IN BERKELEY, CA, WHO WANTS TO TAKE PART IN A DISCUSSION PANEL?

Asexual Awareness Week Panel at UC Berkeley. 😍

Mikaela from UC Berkeley is looking for panel speakers for Asexual Awareness Week.

The event will take place at UC Berkeley in Berkeley, CA (and we are welcome to folks in the Bay Area attending/being panelists). The panel is for folks to talk about their ace experience, the intersectionality of their identity, and to participate in a q&a.

Pretty much right now we have a range of dates/times that we are sending to folks to see when the most availability is. We can open it up to more dates/times if needed (just means on our end using a classroom vs conference room). Here are the dates/times (all in PDT):

Oct 21, 28: 5-8:30pm
Oct 22, 29: 6-7:30pm (-10pm if we book a smaller room)
Oct 25: after 12pm
Oct 27: 6-10pm

If you want to take part, please email Mikaela Barnes mbarnes@berkeley.edu

MichaelTannock

I've moved this thread from "Open Mic" to  "Visibility and Education Projects".

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Iam9man
37 minutes ago, Sandra B said:

The panel is for folks to talk about their ace experience, the intersectionality of their identity, and to participate in a q&a.

I’m too far away to participate but I just wanted to add for anyone that may be interested that I joined a very similar panel a few weeks ago in the UK and it was one of the most amazing things I’ve done in a long time. For reference, I’m not a particularly confident public speaker, but I enjoyed answering the random questions about my identify and helping others understand it. It felt really empowering 😊

• Like 2

Sandra B
On 10/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, Iam9man said:

I’m too far away to participate but I just wanted to add for anyone that may be interested that I joined a very similar panel a few weeks ago in the UK and it was one of the most amazing things I’ve done in a long time. For reference, I’m not a particularly confident public speaker, but I enjoyed answering the random questions about my identify and helping others understand it. It felt really empowering 😊

Hey, good for you. I was a speaker at the UK Asexuality Conference last year. Thanks to you for raising awareness of asexuality too xx

• Like 1