Why am I so awkward?!

LadyGagaIsMyGod

LadyGagaIsMyGod

Literally, my boyfriend (newly minted and also ace) went to hold my hand and I kind of just hovered mine over his??? like i meant to grab it, but stopped halfway through and it was so awkward.... and my friend loudly proclaimed it the Tragic Stair Scene, so how do I not awkwardly hold his hand tomorrow without making it totally obvious. FYI i totally don't know what subtly is:)

I really want to just hold his hand but I am so awkward and unused to casual affection!

Are you comfortable with the idea of hand holding (or even touching)? If you aren't, it can feel incredibly awkward to hold someone's hand, what ever your status is with that person.

Maybe experiment in a less public forum and try to find your comfort zone(s) with each other first. That way you'll know where you stand with each other and it won't be so uncomfortable next time.

LadyGagaIsMyGod
3 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

Are you comfortable with the idea of hand holding (or even touching)? If you aren't, it can feel incredibly awkward to hold someone's hand, what ever your status is with that person.

Maybe experiment in a less public forum and try to find your comfort zone(s) with each other first. That way you'll know where you stand with each other and it won't be so uncomfortable next time.

I am comfortable with the idea, but my family isn't the most tactile bunch, and I've always been very awkward.

I like your idea of trying it in a less public setting, and we're going out Saturday, so I'll have to have manned up by then :)

Thanks @fuzzipueo

Physical contact doesn't come naturally to everyone, and the human hand is an incredibly sensitive organ, so hand holding can be an overwheming thing. Even when  people demand hugs it can feel super-awkward and conspicuous. It seems like a good idea to get comfortable with it in private without having to contend with feeling like people are observing you while you don't feel completely at ease. Good luck!

Be honest, chances are if he is also ace he might likely understand.

I also like the idea of doing it in a less public area.

walk arm in arm first..

Go for a high five and then don't let go...

Does he have very cold hands, think of it as sharing warmth??

have you ever heard of a jedi hug (its like when you want to offer someone comfort but you don't want to touch, from captainawkward.) well this is a jedi handshake read more about a jedi hug here: https://criminalreviews.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/a-captain-awkward-glossary/#FEELINGS. read captainawkward here  

Don't know if these help, but much happiness to the both of you 🥧🍰

• 1 month later...
LadyGagaIsMyGod
On 10/10/2019 at 11:22 PM, KrysLost said:

Because you're cute. 

😂

Archived