Mixed romantic and sexual orientations

I don't know,if it's a good place for this. Anyway- have you ever met someone of mixed romantic and sexual orientations? I don't mean here romantic ace/aromantic sexual. I talked for example with heteroromantic bisexual. He told me, he can have sex with guys and girls, but being in relationship and kissing with other man is disgusting and he can do it only with a woman.

maybeimamazed

Sounds like internalized homphobia/biphobia to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, MaggieB said:

I don't know,if it's a good place for this. Anyway- have you ever met someone of mixed romantic and sexual orientations? I don't mean here romantic ace/aromantic sexual. I talked for example with heteroromantic bisexual. He told me, he can have sex with guys and girls, but being in relationship and kissing with other man is disgusting and he can do it only with a woman.

Well... I’m asexual and my romantic orientation doesn’t align with my sexual orientation 😊

But no, haven’t met any non-asexuals who identify this way. I’ve met a few aromantic heterosexuals, but they didn’t use the term.

I’m actually planing on running a workshop at my company’s LGBTQ+ group on split orientations at some point. I hope to gather more data then!

39 minutes ago, brehasolo said:

Sounds like internalized homphobia/biphobia to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, met a guy online once who called himself gay, but admitted he liked having sex with a woman every now and then. But to him it didn't count as bisexuality. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Charna said:

Yep, met a guy online once who called himself gay, but admitted he liked having sex with a woman every now and then. But to him it didn't count as bisexuality. 🙄

Can’t comment on that, but I note I’m asexual and can enjoy sex with women occasionally, which doesn’t sound that different.

34 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

Can’t comment on that, but I note I’m asexual and can enjoy sex with women occasionally, which doesn’t sound that different.

Well, if you want to have sex with men and women, and you seek out either to have sex with, how would you call it then?

7 minutes ago, Charna said:

Well, if you want to have sex with men and women, and you seek out either to have sex with, how would you call it then?

Whilst that would be up to the individual to determine, on the surface that definitely sounds like bisexuality/polysexuality/pansexuality.

I note in my case it’s much more nuanced, so I could completely accept that it may be more nuanced with people with other orientations too. To be clear what I mean is I do not experience sexual attraction but can enjoy the physical sensation of sex with women.

Archived