Ace, or 2nd Chakra Blockage? Mental Illness?

songchick

For a long time, I have considered myself asexual, no desire to date or be with anyone.  There was a lot going on with schizophrenia, being disabled, sedated on meds and unable to connect with people.  I slept around online because I was sad and lonely and wanted a connection.  

I have worked with spiritual healers over the past 10 years, always it is sensed that I have a very weak energy level at my 2nd chakra.  2nd chakra is the sacral chakra, which controls mostly creativity and sexual energy.  Things have picked up recently in that I have a lot of creative inspiration in outlets like writing and stuff.  Nothing sexual though.

Until now?  I started doing hatha yoga recently.  (Like regular yoga.)  This actually was impossible for many years because yoga triggers my schizophrenia, but now I am feeling well enough to try it in limited doses.  Now I am feeling some sexual feelings in my body.  It is scary and confusing.  I already know that I like men romantically, but sexual towards women?  

This sucks.  I am reading about bisexuality.  I am also slowing down with yoga.  Can’t handle it every single day.

@songchick

Sorry to hear you’re struggling.

Bear in mind feeling sexual energy doesn’t necessarily equate to orientation. I feel sexual energy intensely but am still asexual.

Maybe ask the spiritual healer to work on your solar plexus chakra too, as this may give you more strength to deal with the stuff that’s coming up. Also base chakra to help you stay grounded as you do yoga and rebalance your whole system. I guess they normally work on all/where needed anyway.

As long as you feel comfortable doing so bit by bit, getting energy release (of whatever sort) normally means you’re rebalancing, so heading in the right direction 😊

3 minutes ago, CBC said:

Is there a question here?

Not trying to be rude, just curious what you're looking for.

Just putting info out there that energy work can affect experience of libido.

46 minutes ago, songchick said:

Just putting info out there that energy work can affect experience of libido.

Yep. That's true: there are several, health articles, online, where doctors explain that exercise can do that.

I will skip yoga at the studio today, maybe use a secular video at home.

May I ask what kind of spiritual healer you are seeing, do they follow a specific Asian healing tradition, for instance?

I used to be quite wary and sceptical of overly spiritual and esoteric things, but I think much of yoga, ayurveda, TCM and so on. So I'm currently looking into self-healing techniques that involve balancing the chakras.

Just now, kiaroskuro said:

So I'm currently looking into self-healing techniques that involve balancing the chakras.

Just holding your hands on each chakra in turn and moving onto the next one when it feels right is a very powerful but simple technique. That particular one comes from Chi Kung or Reiki, I forget.

Weird, I just started reading about chakras a couple of days ago and wondered the same thing. But the second chakra is the center for creativity also, and there are creative asexuals. So unless someone is both unable to tap into their creative side and does not want sex, then that can't be the cause. Even if they were to unblock the second chakra they could still find that that doesn't change.

8 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

Just holding your hands on each chakra in turn and moving onto the next one when it feels right is a very powerful but simple technique. That particular one comes from Chi Kung or Reiki, I forget.

This may be a stupid question ... but do you mean letting one's hands sort of hover over the body parts that associated with the chakra, or actually touching them?

12 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

So I'm currently looking into self-healing techniques that involve balancing the chakras.

Getting into a trance-like state while meditating does this. I was told that to slip into a trance you want to block out as much light as possible (by wearing an eye mask), and to focus on the tiny lights/swirls that you see when you close your eyes.

4 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

This may be a stupid question ... but do you mean letting one's hands sort of hover over the body parts that associated with the chakra, or actually touching them?

You can do either and you can sit or lie down 😊

I’d say go with what feels most comfortable; and it can change from one day to the next.

I prefer laying down and gently resting my hands on my body, either one on top of the other on a chakra, or one on one chakra the other on the next one.

I generally don’t do them in order, but jump about as feels right at the time, normally starting and finishing with both hands on my heart chakra.

Thinking of the mini chakras on the soles of your feet whilst doing your base chakra is really grounding, good if you feel spaced out from the other higher chakras.

Thanks a lot for your answers, guys 🙂 @Moony Lovegood @Iam9man

I've started out with chakra meditation a while ago, but I'm still new to all of this and trying to figure out where to go from here.

Update:

I have had to completely quit yoga.  It made my schizophrenia pretty bad, I have to stop because it's messing with my mental wellness.  Definitely the chakra change is now causing me some imbalance, I have to wait it out.  Schizophrenia is a difficult condition to manage, and in my past, spiritual practices have inflamed it.  My recommendation with any energy work is to tread with caution.  Exception: reiki is very good for me.

21 hours ago, songchick said:

Update:

I have had to completely quit yoga.  It made my schizophrenia pretty bad, I have to stop because it's messing with my mental wellness.  Definitely the chakra change is now causing me some imbalance, I have to wait it out.  Schizophrenia is a difficult condition to manage, and in my past, spiritual practices have inflamed it.  My recommendation with any energy work is to tread with caution.  Exception: reiki is very good for me.

@songchick Since my brain hemhorrage I have not done so well with yoga. I might not have done well before, I don't know, I never tried, but since I have had my brain hemhorrage yoga has not been the best thing for me

I have not tried Reiki but my father-in-law was prescribed it for Parkinsons Disease and he did exceptionally well with this, so perhaps I should look into it

Ketosis, Gaps Diet foods and Supplements have worked wonders for me. This is hard to stick to, takes time and a lot of effort, but considering they pretty much said had had zero chance of ever achieving much of anything, the time and effort really has been worth it

I am still not seeing anything in my mind, but did have one more dream with images a few days ago. I seriously do not remember dreaming this way before using the ketosis

1 hour ago, Marlow1 said:

I have not tried Reiki but my father-in-law was prescribed it for Parkinsons Disease and he did exceptionally well with this, so perhaps I should look into it

Reiki helps ground me, also it is gentle and doesn't mess with my psyche.  I also get healing hugs from Amma the guru when she passes through NYC on July 4th weekend.  Starting this year, I got some of Amma's pujas (vedic astrology blessings), and I really feel a difference.  Nothing like overcoming aphantasia, I don't think that will ever happen for me.  I've never EVER had a visual dream.  Only like, flashes of neon green and red when I was in the mental hospital.  But just navigating life, it's easier.  Also through Amma, I got a year's subscription to distance "radiance healing" sessions, like über Reiki.

1 hour ago, Marlow1 said:

Ketosis, Gaps Diet foods and Supplements have worked wonders for me.

I'm using supplements, MCT oil is GREAT.

Wow, so glad you know about the MCT oil, this has been a lifesaver for me. My wife helps so many people with this. After years of fighting she managed to get the NHS to place her dad (parkinsons Disease) on the MCT PEG Feed, miracles for him too!!!! His doctor is trying to obtain funding to try this out with other people too

everywhere and nowhere
On 10/6/2019 at 10:14 PM, Moony Lovegood said:

I was told that to slip into a trance

I'd really like to be able to do it... :(

• 4 weeks later...
Lonemathsytoothbrushthief
On 10/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, songchick said:

For a long time, I have considered myself asexual, no desire to date or be with anyone.  There was a lot going on with schizophrenia, being disabled, sedated on meds and unable to connect with people.  I slept around online because I was sad and lonely and wanted a connection.  

I have worked with spiritual healers over the past 10 years, always it is sensed that I have a very weak energy level at my 2nd chakra.  2nd chakra is the sacral chakra, which controls mostly creativity and sexual energy.  Things have picked up recently in that I have a lot of creative inspiration in outlets like writing and stuff.  Nothing sexual though.

Until now?  I started doing hatha yoga recently.  (Like regular yoga.)  This actually was impossible for many years because yoga triggers my schizophrenia, but now I am feeling well enough to try it in limited doses.  Now I am feeling some sexual feelings in my body.  It is scary and confusing.  I already know that I like men romantically, but sexual towards women?  

This sucks.  I am reading about bisexuality.  I am also slowing down with yoga.  Can’t handle it every single day.

The ace community is really diverse, so there will be people who are ace, disabled, mentally ill, or have some trauma and may or may not see these things as connected with their sexuality. But whether or not you consider yourself ace as a result of it is a personal decision which no one else should have authority over. 💜 Sorry you're struggling with noticing this new sexual energy :(

Archived