Mixed orientation? Wanting 1 gender but craving the other?

songchick

Ok so recently I'm trying to figure out my sexual orientation.  I usually feel more bonded and emotionally connected with men.  Good friends I chat with online are men, and I've always envisioned myself ending up with a guy, if ever I were to "settle down." 

There's been no sexual feeling down there...until now.  I think it's because I'm doing yoga.  (Long story, I couldn't do yoga for years because of my schizophrenia, now I'm doing it.  It might be harming me.)  But I am learning that I get the libido stuff when I look at women.  I don't want to look at women and feel that way.  I realize that my mother's my best friend, and I was like "oh shit, maybe that I'd do better thinking about getting with a woman."  EVENTUALLY, I'm not making any moves right now.

This is all really confusing.  Help!

9 minutes ago, KrysLost said:

Welcome to biromanticism/sexuality. 

Ooh where can I read more about that?

Also is there like, a website as awesome as AVEN for bi folks?

2 minutes ago, songchick said:

Also is there like, a website as awesome as AVEN for bi folks?

Not sure, probably any LBGT+ website. Aven isn't exclusively for asexuality but most people here are ace or grey-sexual (still gay, bi, straight, etc. though). I'd say you'd just have to search. 

Looking at the Bisexuality Resource Center's Bisexuality 101 page.

16 minutes ago, Laurann said:

https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/07/cross-orientation-101/

You are very much not the only one to feel that way. This is like the fifth time I've referred someone to this article on AVEN.

Great article, THANK YOU!

Archived