AVENues Oct/Nov/Dec 2019 - split orientations

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

Next issue is ready! 

To view: https://issuu.com/avenues1/docs/avenues2019holiday

To download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocij65my253rfiz/avenues2019Holiday.pdf?dl=0

Our staff:

Editor in chief: @scarletlatitude

Layout: @kelico 

Editors: @Snao van der Cone @kelico @Iam9man @Scooter @Silhouettes1 @Kikuka @CosineTheCat

Creative team: @kelico @Kikuka

Benevolent PT overlord: @Snao Cone

Interview: @Tassputin

Writers/Artists: @kelico @Kimmie. @Windspiel @Eutierria Amy Sutton @Superunknown @Scooter @Iam9man @BeakLove

Special thanks: @OptimisticPessimist

(If you contributed and were not mentioned or properly tagged, please let us know!)

===================================================================================

For our first issue of 2020, we are looking for stories from “the other side”. Are you an ace who has questions for sexual people? Or are you a sexual person who has questions for aces? Are you in a relationship where one of you is an ace and the other is sexual? We want to hear about it!

Fill out our question of the month form here: https://forms.gle/gg5sHXBAePR7Tzpc8

Remember, we are always looking for articles and artwork to add to AVENues!

Remember that we are always looking for more people to join our team! Send one of us a message on AVEN for more info!

• Like 21

Not an easy issue...but it turned out quite well! Many thanks to everyone on the team and those that contributed answers!

• Like 8

My first published text! ☺️ thanks for this opportunity.

• Like 5

Great job, everyone :cake::)

I especially enjoyed reading BeakLove's article on why the split attraction model allegedly doesn't work. I don't agree with them - at least not on everything -, but it was refreshingly "controversial" and it made me think.

• Like 5
scarletlatitude

Added the download link to the OP 

• Like 4

Thank you very much for publishing my artwork. It is my first publication, so this means a lot to me. I hope that I'm done with my Bachelor's Thesis soon, so I can contribute more artworks in the not too distant future.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, kiaroskuro said:

Great job, everyone :cake::)

I especially enjoyed reading BeakLove's article on why the split attraction model allegedly doesn't work. I don't agree with them - at least not on everything -, but it was refreshingly "controversial" and it made me think.

Appreciated. 

• Like 3

Enjoyed reading this issue. The split attraction model article was a good read---made me see things in a different way, which can be a good thing. Overall I like the articles in the issue. 

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Great job, it is such a wonderful read.👏

• Like 5

I was going to check it out but as soon as I saw "international meetup" I closed out of it, being stuck in the sinkhole that got skipped over with no means to travel you see. -_-

#eastcoastsucks

3 hours ago, Jon A. said:

I was going to check it out but as soon as I saw "international meetup" I closed out of it, being stuck in the sinkhole that got skipped over with no means to travel you see. -_-

#eastcoastsucks

I never get to go to any international meetups for anything, either. That's only one article for the issue, though, and isn't the main focus.

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

I never get to go to any international meetups for anything, either. That's only one article for the issue, though, and isn't the main focus.

Well, I guess I feel  little more strongly about it, having been isolated my entire life. If you lived here you would know. Remember, this place was being considered to host the meetup, which for me meant a possible major breakthrough in that lifetime of isolation, but instead it went to Toronto which had just about everything already. Anyway, a full-page ad is more than enough to put me off the entire issue, not to mention make darn sure I'll never offer to help with the publication.

@Jon A. Yeah, I understand how that can feel disappointing; I remember at least one person thinking about doing a trip across Canada, visiting Halifax and Montreal, themselves, in addition to the Toronto meetup. So, perhaps, an ace or two might plan to visit, if you live in Halifax or Montreal.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
DogObsessedLi

Interesting. Though I'd say to discuss split attraction you'd need to speak to non-aces with split attraction, for example aromantic allosexuals. I also think that, only because split attraction is much more known in A-Spec circles doesn't mean biromantic monosexuals or monoromantic bisexuals don't exist. And for the record, I personally know a homoromantic heterosexual, and I know she ain't repressing anything but just improving her self-awareness. And for me personally, split attraction EXPLAINS my past experiences. Indeed, while I've been figuring out the difference between romantic attraction and sexual attraction I tried to fit nearly every combination to my experience, or tried to anyway. And now knowing that I'm aromantic heteroflexible literally explains everything and as such gives me peace of mind and many answers that can be used to choose what is best for me, whereas in the past I tried having relationships and there were all these unanswered questions. However, it's the socially expected "romance and sex" are aligned attitude that has actually caused me no end of stressful confusion, seriously. If anything you can't get much more queer in a society like this than having a split attraction. 

• Like 1