Lord Jade Cross

RakshaTheCat

People are just idiots and enjoy giving useless advice. What other explanation is needed here? 😺

Because it's supposed to be about striking a balance between the two.

Running yourself into the ground over a non-lethal problem is unhealthy. If it consumes your life, then yes, people will say to "calm down." 

They don't mean calm down into apathy. That's also unhealthy. 

What's really being said is "try your best, but be willing to let the upsets go." 

Could the people telling you this just be nosy or bossy? Of course, absolutely. There's lots of nosy, bossy people in this world who just like to meddle. But they could also be inexpertly trying to teach you to stay in a good state of mind. It's hard to say without an unbiased outside source. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think people don't heed the advice they dish out because of their inflated ego. It's my case anyways. When I suggest something to someone, they got to take my advice because I am, gosh, so smart. When someone gives me advice, I tell myself who asked him anyways? He is not that smart in the first place.

Personally, I'm not a fan of nihilism, but everyone has the freedom to choose their own philosophy of life.

Archived