Acting like a teen

Pau1ina

America is once again trying to provoke the Middle East by starting a cyber war. The situation in the region is still remain tense due to the attack on refineries in Saudi Arabia (Iran`s involvement has not been proved by the way), while Trump continues to add more fuel to the fire, tightening sanctions against Iran and announcing plans to send additional troops to the Middle East. I think Trump is just showing off, being not a politician, but an ordinary showman and trying to look rough, strict or cool. However, this look more like the impulsive decisions of a teenager than a politician.

RoseGoesToYale

This is why I believe the age to run for president should be lowered to 25. Old enough that the brain is developed and major milestones of youth have passed, young enough to have actual, relevant, fresh ideas. The maturity thing is extremely subjective. I know teens, even kids, who could probably handle political situations with more grace, tact, and efficacy than Trump.

I throw my hands up whenever people older than me (I'm 23) say teens are immature and impulsive, yet here sits a 73-year old man who makes some of my middle school drama look like Twin Peaks.

So, this is another Trump thread? From the title, I thought it'd be about asking members whether they still feel like a teen; it gets very confusing when a thread isn't labeled with what the topic is really about.

A mod already merged all threads about Trump into one thread, to prevent there from being so many threads.

From the first post:

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/142357-master-trump-thread/

Due to the large number of Trump threads, I am making one singular Trump thread and merging other Trump threads to it to keep the board more organized. You may continue your discussions here.

Faeriefate, Philosophy, Politics, and Science moderator

16 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

So, this is another Trump thread? From the title, I thought it'd be about asking members whether they still feel like a teen; it gets very confusing when a thread isn't labeled with what the topic is really about.

A mod already merged all threads about Trump into one thread, to prevent there from being so many threads.

From the first post:

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/142357-master-trump-thread/

Thank you for your attention and suggestion about the threads but I prefer to do what I want to. The Internet now is the only place where we can feel free and where no one can shut our mouths

On 10/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, GhostGoesToWail said:

This is why I believe the age to run for president should be lowered to 25. Old enough that the brain is developed and major milestones of youth have passed, young enough to have actual, relevant, fresh ideas. The maturity thing is extremely subjective. I know teens, even kids, who could probably handle political situations with more grace, tact, and efficacy than Trump.

I throw my hands up whenever people older than me (I'm 23) say teens are immature and impulsive, yet here sits a 73-year old man who makes some of my middle school drama look like Twin Peaks.

No. The condictions to run for president should be stricter, not looser. And I think one - aside from showing tax returns and a psychological evaluation - should be "must have served in an elected political position for at least ten years".

Archived