Ranting

Knucklehead

So I was just on tik tik (ik Ik don’t judge) and I get a post on my for you page and LET ME TELL YOU this man sounded dumb but made me question myself. He was mostly repeating the idea that Asexuality is a preference and that we don’t face oppression and that we aren’t included in the lgbt community. He obviously sounded uneducated but it made me upset because he has 80.2k followers who will most likely agree with him. Saying ace people have no discrimination while openly discriminating against them? Couldn’t be me lol. But really how is it a choice that I don’t feel sexual attraction? Like I’ve obviously felt love and strong romantic relationships with people but I literally just don’t get horny. (Btw I would dm him about this but you have to be mutually following someone on tik tok to message and he has 80.2k and I have about 93 so I don’t think that’s happening) anyway yeah I’m mad and this is the only place I felt like I could go because none of my friends or family know and I don’t feel good telling them especially when every person who isn’t ace says it’s a phase or that we’re faking it. Whatever I guess.

Spoiler

Tik tok man bad. Ignorant mess.

Yeah the part where he says it's a preference is what annoys me most. CELIBACY can be a preference (it's my general preference) but ASEXUALITY is no more a 'preference' than being gay is a 'preference' or any more than your skin colour is a 'preference'. It's just who you are and you can't help it or change it. 

It's just a lack of education but it's so frikken annoying Y_Y

49 minutes ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

Yeah the part where he says it's a preference is what annoys me most. CELIBACY can be a preference (it's my general preference) but ASEXUALITY is no more a 'preference' than being gay is a 'preference' or any more than your skin colour is a 'preference'. It's just who you are and you can't help it or change it. 

It's just a lack of education but it's so frikken annoying Y_Y

Isn't celibacy a conscious decision to not have sex? I know in my case I just never felt the need to be sexual and there was no 'effort' on my part to be this way.

57 minutes ago, will123 said:

Isn't celibacy a conscious decision to not have sex? I know in my case I just never felt the need to be sexual and there was no 'effort' on my part to be this way.

Yeah. Celibacy is just a preference for some people (a preference for no sex).  There's lots of different kinds of celibacy (like being forced into not having sex, being too scared to have sex, etc). But celibacy can be a preference for some people (ie me lol)

Asexuality is not a preference or a choice though, it's just something you're stuck with (regardless of whether or not you're having sex!)

lilyofthevalley

Talking out of your “rear end” is the “preference” here imo.

Sometimes I do myself wonder why can't it be both, preference and not a preference. Anyways, does he know about Aven? I hope one of his many followers will point him here ( I really shouldn't be on here right now responding or typing anything - too tired but oh well here I am)

8 hours ago, Knucklehead said:

He was mostly repeating the idea that Asexuality is a preference and that we don’t face oppression and that we aren’t included in the lgbt community

I hate it when people say that.

That sounds horrible.

Any way, seeing as this is your first post, welcome to the community!

Have a cake:

hulk1_krisgaliciabrown.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

(Get it, 'cuz your username's @Knucklehead?)

13 hours ago, crazy ace said:

I hate it when people say that.

That sounds horrible.

Any way, seeing as this is your first post, welcome to the community!

Have a cake:

hulk1_krisgaliciabrown.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

(Get it, 'cuz your username's @Knucklehead?)

Haha! Thank you so much! It’s nice to have similar people to talk to lol

14 hours ago, Yuliyasa said:

Sometimes I do myself wonder why can't it be both, preference and not a preference. Anyways, does he know about Aven? I hope one of his many followers will point him here ( I really shouldn't be on here right now responding or typing anything - too tired but oh well here I am)

Yea that’s actually how I found myself here lol. I doubt he’ll look because by the videos he seems awfully close minded

Archived