Habit of protesting

Pau1ina

Is it okay to protest at a high level against the fact that a country, in order to protect its people, is strengthening the defense of its borders? I am talking about Japanese protests against Russia's strengthening of the defense of its Far East.

Tokyo constantly protests against any Russia
n activity on its own territory, and these protests have already become a habit. The stubbornness and new White Paper will not help the Japanese leadership to “return” the islands, because Moscow has repeatedly proved the groundlessness of these territorial claims and stated directly that they have no any plans to transfer the islands.

So what are our samurai friends waiting for? Maybe support of America in a military resolving of the issue?

Why would it not be okay? Whether or not the protests are justified is another question, but people can protest anything they want.

21 hours ago, Homer said:

Why would it not be okay? Whether or not the protests are justified is another question, but people can protest anything they want.

Ok, just imagine how you would feel if someone pretested against the fact that you are BBQing on your own lawn or swimming in your own pool.. Is that ok too?

8 minutes ago, Pau1ina said:

Ok, just imagine how you would feel if someone pretested against the fact that you are BBQing on your own lawn or swimming in your own pool.. Is that ok too?

Facts > feelings.

Would I agree with their protests? Probably not. Does that stance take away their right to protest? No, it does not.

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Facts > feelings.

Would I agree with their protests? Probably not. Does that stance take away their right to protest? No, it does not.

But what if they did it DAILY, involving the press and the entire world community, and calling your  pool their only because it ONCE WAS theirs, but legally became yours? and you own it for more than 70 years

I don't know the motives behind the protesters, but they likely see it as intentional. For example, should Mexicans find it offensive that the US blames all its immigration and employment and economic problems on them? Yes. Should they be upset that the US gov is deciding to build up its southern border despite it just being a sign of keeping them out and not actually going to fix anything. Maybe. Do they have a right to protest it if they want? Hell yeah. Will anything come of it? Likely, no. 

It's not just Russia deciding to defend itself. It's Russia choosing that border specifically to focus on and buff up. 

9 minutes ago, Pau1ina said:

But what if they did it DAILY, involving the press and the entire world community, and calling your  pool their only because it ONCE WAS theirs, but legally became yours? and you own it for more than 70 years

I'm not sure what's unclear about my statement. No matter how many specifics you add, none of those take away people's right to protest and none of this has anything to do with whether these protests are justified.

This is clearly not what you want to hear, but that's not my concern.

59 minutes ago, Pau1ina said:

It is still their right to do so. Why are you so keen to dictate to other people when and how they should engage in politics?

what is it about this border dispute that causes people to write vague titles to their threads and copy others statements without sorces or otherwise implying that they are not their own?

On 10/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, Charna said:

It is still their right to do so. Why are you so keen to dictate to other people when and how they should engage in politics?

I don`t impose my opinion on anyone, I only use my speech freedom rights and express my own protests

3 hours ago, Pau1ina said:

I don`t impose my opinion on anyone, I only use my speech freedom rights and express my own protests

So you protest the freedom of speech of others?

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 6:39 AM, Charna said:

So you protest the freedom of speech of others?

That's not  dictating how others speak/act, it's simply protesting, which can be ignored.  

Archived