Being Asexusl is a bit lonely...

Pheedre

Just feeling lonely lately, like nobody would understand me if I came out as asexual, because I haven't yet, and dont know if I ever will. I'm in a relationship with a sexual who says they understand but obviously it causes huge problems in the relationship and I don't think he could ever truely understand me. Might just be a phase I'm going through...when I decided recently that yes, I was indeed asexual, it was so empowering for a while but now I just feel alone. I hate looking at my Facebook because all everyone does is post sex stuff and I just roll my eyes and scroll...sorry just a rant, I appreciate this site so much, it does help to read about other people's experiences when feeling like this. ❤️

Hi!

I'm not the person you were looking for when you posted that. I'm not yet at the age where my romantic relationships would be assumed to be sexual (15). I'm sorry for that. I can't really fully relate to what you're feeling. I do have a terrifying wall, turning the age of consent, that is steadily approaching however. It's terrifying. 

I hope you and your partner will be able to figure everything out if that's what you need. I don't really know how much some random teen on the internet can do for you but I can say that I really hope everything gets better.

Why did I wow everything like that? I don't talk like that at all. Strange, I've been reading too many old books, sorry.

Anyways, I'm just hoping that you feel less lonely as soon as possible. 💜

39 minutes ago, •◡• said:

Hi!

I'm not the person you were looking for when you posted that. I'm not yet at the age where my romantic relationships would be assumed to be sexual (15). I'm sorry for that. I can't really fully relate to what you're feeling. I do have a terrifying wall, turning the age of consent, that is steadily approaching however. It's terrifying. 

I hope you and your partner will be able to figure everything out if that's what you need. I don't really know how much some random teen on the internet can do for you but I can say that I really hope everything gets better.

Why did I wow everything like that? I don't talk like that at all. Strange, I've been reading too many old books, sorry.

Anyways, I'm just hoping that you feel less lonely as soon as possible. 💜

Thank you so much for your reply, it really made me smile. Don't even worry that you're young or a random teen on the internet, everyone's opinions matter and their advise is valuable and can really help someone when they're feeling a little down! Wishing you all the best as well ❤

• 1 month later...

I'm asexual myself, but I lack romantic interest in others as well as a desire for marriage/children, so I can't fully relate apart from the issue that I might become isolated over time once others around me start to marry and leave me behind. (I'm 19 though, so I have some time before that happens.)

Anyways, from what I've seen, there are some decent Asexual communities online, and I've seen at least one with meetup forums that help connect asexual people living closeby each other. I've personally never tried it, but I've generally heard good things about the meetups. Other than that, sometimes Pride/GSM/LGBTQ groups at colleges/universities have asexual communities within them, which might help. Also, as others have mentioned, there are asexual and asexual-friendly dating sites online if you're open to that, though I can't say I know any really good ones, as Acebook goes up and down apparently, and okCupid sometimes has users that are pretty rude to asexual people. I'm not sure whether or not you are interested in such sites, but they could be helpful if you're open to that sort if thing.

However, if you're open to dating a non-asexual, then the pool opens up a bit, so long as you have some willingness to make compromises. Different people have different libidos and strengths of sexual desire, so there are people out there that wouldn't consider an aversion to sex a complete deal breaker. In fact, I have heard more about asexuals being in "mixed" relationships than in Ace-Ace relationships, and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

• 4 months later...
Ronthedavil
On 9/28/2019 at 5:27 AM, Pheedre said:

Just feeling lonely lately, like nobody would understand me if I came out as asexual, because I haven't yet, and dont know if I ever will. I'm in a relationship with a sexual who says they understand but obviously it causes huge problems in the relationship and I don't think he could ever truely understand me. Might just be a phase I'm going through...when I decided recently that yes, I was indeed asexual, it was so empowering for a while but now I just feel alone. I hate looking at my Facebook because all everyone does is post sex stuff and I just roll my eyes and scroll...sorry just a rant, I appreciate this site so much, it does help to read about other people's experiences when feeling like this. ❤️

Are you still single? We can talk than dasdibbendu2@gmail.com

Archived