You need to get laid

Chef Remy

AceMissBehaving
1 hour ago, Firefly8 said:

Say "Lays are better than Pringles"
200w.webp?cid=790b7611b1097fb6062a96f1fe

That there is fighting talk!

Someone telling me I need to get laid, might as well tell me to snort some cocaine or smoke DMT. There are damn few things left in this world that can ding my thrill-o-meter.

The expression itself I'd say depends on the context. Within a close social group it can be a jocular comment if someone is acting a bit down. 

However outside of close groups it's not the sort of expression I'd expect in a regular conversation, and I certainly see why many would find it's use offensive, triggering or threatening. 

On 9/27/2019 at 2:25 PM, RoseGoesToYale said:

Sex is not a universally stress-relieving experience, especially not if:

-You're not into it/don't want it

-You're experiencing health issues down there

-You're not physically compatible with the person

-You have depression and/or anxiety

-There's too much pressure to "perform"

I think it's a huge misconception that sexual people with high libidos become crazy, angry, destructive, animalistic monsters when they go without for a while. Most I've talked to say it leads to anything from feelings of disappointment to irritability to restlessness, and plenty say they'd rather go without and wait to have good sex than sleep around and risk all of it being bad or even more stressful. To me when someone says "you just need to get laid" they really mean "I don't care about you or helping you with whatever's going on, go take care of it yourself and stop complaining." Same for "you just need a stiff drink."

Like the way you put it. It's a good way to find those who care about you, and those that don't care by simple comments. And also the difference between sympathetic vs empathetic.

Oh yes I need to get laid, as in, laying in bed, for sleep that is.

There is science behind sex meaning it releases oxytocin but there are 1000 things that do, so why not say: you need to watch a movie or you need a cake?

6 hours ago, Asexy51 said:

There is science behind sex meaning it releases oxytocin but there are 1000 things that do, so why not say: you need to watch a movie or you need a cake?

My favorite: you need to go cuddle a cute puppy

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, Chef Remy said:

Why do people say that when you are stress or frustrated? Not just males but females too. 

Or how long has it been since you have been laid or had sex.

How does getting laid, or "getting off" or "climaxing" either by yourself or someone else going for you either of the same or opposite gender, change a person mood?

What do you say to people who tell you. You need to get laid.

Somethings i never understood being asexual.

OMG how many times ive heard this, it really pisses me off.

Archived