Is this a fetish?

Salmiakki

So first of all, in my opinion, this is not a fetish. It’s just a preference. It’s like having a preference for gender, it’s just how my attraction works. Btw, when it comes to gender, romantically, I like men only.. 

Also, I don’t think that this is a bad thing. But I’m positive that some people would disagree with that and call me racist because of this. I’m not racist. 

So what I’m talking about is my preference for race when it comes to who I’m romantically attracted to. I’m romantically (and aesthetically) more attracted to Asians… however I am still capable of having crushes on people of other races but I fall for Asians more easily and honestly I just really prefer having crushes on Asians. It’s not like I have chosen to feel this way. I just find Asians much more attractive. And even though I don’t have anything against the idea of having feelings for non-Asians, I think that if I ever had a boyfriend I would want him to be Asian. I don’t know… I can’t see myself dating anyone who isn’t Asian. I don’t dislike non-Asians or whatever, I’m not even Asian myself and I’m fine with that, I don't wish I was Asian or anything… I’m just not as attracted to people who aren’t Asian. Now I don’t necessarily think that I was born this way (so it's not exactly like having a preference for gender), I’m sure certain factors had an effect in this… so like there’s a possibility that my preferences will change. 

I wouldn’t date anyone just because they’re Asian. But I think that I would only date an Asian… I only find Asians desirable in that way. But when I start having feelings for someone it’s not because of his race. It’s mostly just because of his appearance. But since your race effects your appearance, obviously it has something to do with race.. Anyway, it’s not really my fault that Asians happen to be so hot.. and everything about my romantic attraction is shallow as heck anyway, appearance plays such a big part in it. I see a guy, find him good looking, and boom, develop feelings. I’ve had a ton of crushes in my life, most of them in the past 6-7 years.. and if I remember correctly, only about half of them are Asian or partly Asian. I used to keep a list of my crushes but I kinda started to lose track in November last year. And after that I actually had numerous crushes on Asian guys. So the number has gone up a bit. 

I’m just asking for your opinions because I find Asians super attractive and I prefer having crushes on Asians, and I’ve seen people say that it’s the same as fetishizing them. I don’t really understand how it’s a fetish though… and also, isn’t fetish supposed to be a sexual thing anyway? Cause there’s nothing sexual about this and this has nothing to do with sexuality/sexual orientation. Usually I don’t even find men sexually appealing/attractive. 

Btw, when I say “Asian”, I’m talking about all Asians, from all over the giant continent of Asia. Though I do find Eastern and South Eastern Asians the most attractive, they’re my preference within Asians, I do still like all Asians, from every part of Asia. So really I’m not even talking about only one race, I consider there to be multiple different races within Asians.. 

I’m really not trying to make it sound like I fetishize them, I really don’t think that I do. I just happen to like them the most.  Also, if it is a fetish, is it a bad thing? Is it wrong? Cause I can't control it, I don't choose who I'm attracted to. 

Dude Asians just look better because their so visually appealing. Their eyes are fuckin nICe. So big whoop you have a preference. You would be fetishizing them if you were treating them like objects.

Doesn’t sound like a fetish to me. Many people have aesthetic preferences and I include myself in that group. In my case it’s largely “opposites attract” 😊

I wouldn't describe this as a fetish, but part of the attraction model. Aesthetic attraction as opposed to sexual attraction is well discussed on AVEN, namely that you can find an individual, or several similar individuals attractive, but without necessarily wanting to bend bedsprings with them. It's perfectly reasonable to find one skin colour, physique etc more attractive than others. I know people IRL who are attracted to a different race than their own, so it's not unique to you. 

Well, good XD I thought that it wasn’t a fetish but it’s nice to also see other people say it’s not a fetish, especially since I keep on seeing people say that it is a fetish. Also I wasn’t trying to make it sound like I thought that I was special, or different, or something, because of this.. I don’t lol, I know I’m not the only one with a preference like this 

Also I don’t know why but I just have this ridiculous fear that I’ll accidentally say something that is offensive to someone, so I always try to be as careful as possible of what I say and how I say it… 

Archived