New Moderator Needed: Just For Fun and Arcade: Nominations

Kelly

Hi, I'm Aris, the current mod of JFF, Arcade and Welcome Lounge. Sorry I've been too busy to post here. I'm getting a lot of help, as my colleagues have stated. That's the thing I love about Admods, everyone is supportive of each other. Even with my forums right now, I could post that I have a migraine and somebody will step up to cover my duties until I come back. I was on a long LOA for my wedding/honeymoon at the beginning of September and when I got back, the Admod who had taken my place asked if I needed an extra day off to unpack and get my life sorted which was gladly accepted. If you're unsure of anything, there's always someone online to ask advice from. We've got a great team.

That is great @Aris i was talking about hypothesis a worst case scenario. 

But again I am not running for the reasons stated above. 

EDIT: and once again the elections brings the worst out of me. 

Cheshire-Cat

Most forums only have 1 mod, when they step down, or swap, another mod covers until the mod position for that forum is filled. A forum has never been taken down due to a mod changing role/leaving. And there's been quite a number of elections in the past where roles haven't been filled. Usually there's a gap of say a month and it's put up again. This happens especially where there's a number of elections one after the other and there becomes a bit of 'election fatigue'.

Janus the Fox

It's perhaps interesting to post how people feel about becoming staff? is there any fears, whats your conceptions about admods and extended staff, what people think about the culture and what people think what the responsibilities are against to what they actually are?

Is the way that nominations set-up or rules putting anyone off? or facing an Election putting you off?

What is the memberships ideas about anything relating being staff? anything could be handy to know better what Admods can understand better :)

Is it possible to something like a "work experience day" too see if the job is something one would be able to do (both in work and mentally)  so the staff don't have to waste a whole election for someone that jumps of after 10 minutes.? 

24 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Is it possible to something like a "work experience day" too see if the job is something one would be able to do (both in work and mentally)  so the stuff don't have to waste a whole election for someone that jumps of after 10 minutes.? 

Good idea, but I guess this would be difficult as the position comes with access to potentially sensitive discussions (e.g. on disciplinary matters).

39 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

Good idea, but I guess this would be difficult as the position comes with access to potentially sensitive discussions (e.g. on disciplinary matters).

Yeah you are probably right, to do a "simulation"  would cost to much time. 

Orion the Hunter

Are there any Silicon Valley-like perks for being a mod such as arcade lounges, nap pods, lunchtime jam sessions, acupuncture, onsite car washes, or provisions for new mothers to be able to have their breast milk shipped overnight to their child if they have to travel for work? Asking for a friend.

It looks like we will need to do this again another time, and/or think of ways to entice people into our group.

*closes*

Archived