New Moderator Needed: Just For Fun and Arcade: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Just for Fun/Arcade Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 26 September to Thursday, 3 October: Nominations.

Thursday,  3 October to Sunday, 6 September: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 6 September to Sunday, 13 October: Voting.

I will say that this is a good pair of forums to start with, for two reasons. Firstly it's rare that anything controversial is posted here, and secondly it's a co-moderated forum, so you have a second person, currently @Aris to talk to if you have any questions about a post prior to acting

If you stay in JFF most of the time and read most of the threads there anyway, I encourage yer face to run. 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:51 PM, Kelly said:

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Just for Fun/Arcade Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip

Do I smell bribery?! (sorry if I wasn't really supposed to post here :blush:)
3bwij5.jpg

Just as a reminder, please make it clear to whether or not you want to run.

I thought this would be one of the more popular ones to mod 🤔

*also cheers on people to run* 🎊🎉

8 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

I thought this would be one of the more popular ones to mod 🤔...

Yeah, I sort of thought so, too, but, I guess many are busy returning to school/university or with new jobs, etc. to volunteer.

18 hours ago, Iam9man said:

I thought this would be one of the more popular ones to mod 🤔

*also cheers on people to run* 🎊🎉

And it is also one of the most active ones. 

Just to make it clear i am NOT running. 

It's a co-mod position, so whoever it is won't be alone. They will have an experienced co-mod to help. :) 

As Sky mentioned

On 9/26/2019 at 1:58 PM, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Firstly it's rare that anything controversial is posted here, and secondly it's a co-moderated forum, so you have a second person, currently @Aris to talk to if you have any questions about a post prior to acting

:) So a new mod won't be alone on it.

20 minutes ago, daveb said:

It's a co-mod position, so whoever it is won't be alone. They will have an experienced co-mod to help. :) 

That is maybe a important thing to say in the announcement.

I wouldn't mind getting more involved in this community and being useful for once, but the last thing I need right now is responsibilities. Maybe later. 

*Holds door open for candidates*

On 9/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, Snao van der Cone said:

If you stay in JFF most of the time and read most of the threads there anyway, I encourage yer face to run. 

What would you do as a mod?

6 hours ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Ice_bear You check your forums, deal with any issues there, such as any arguments breaking out or any spam posts, moving any threads that should be in a different section, and you participate in discussions in admods. As stated JFF is Co-mod. I was JFF Co-mod, so feel free to ask any questions about modding it or any other questions. It’s usually a relaxed forum and it’s rare for threads to need to be locked/greenied. 

When would you lock threads and would it be inconvenient if you’re still a student?

Just now, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Ice_bear A thread would be locked if an argument has broken out and if a greenie from a mod or a red post from an admin has been ignored. 

Being a student is fine, no inconvenience. We're a team, so you'll get lots of help and support, and we have a Training Team also. 

Ok thanks. Would you be able to resign from running for mod?

1 minute ago, Ice_bear said:

I’d like to run for mod

I'm sorry, but you have to have been a member for 6 months.

Just now, TheAP said:

I'm sorry, but you have to have been a member for 6 months.

I know. That’s why I had to edit it

36 minutes ago, Ice_bear said:

When would you lock threads and would it be inconvenient if you’re still a student?

23 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Ice_bear A thread would be locked if an argument has broken out and it's derailing the thread/if a thread blows up, and if a greenie from a mod or a red post from an admin has been ignored...

Ah, I didn't realize that you hadn't been here for six months, yet, either. 

But, in case you would like to run in the future, or if anyone else is interested, I thought I could help answer your previous question: if, say, an argument between members breaks out in a forum a student moderates, but isn't currently online to see it to lock the thread or give a green warning, then another mod will step in and give a green warning or lock the thread until you're able to look at it.

14 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Ah, I didn't realize that you hadn't been here for six months, yet, either. 

But, in case you would like to run in the future, or if anyone else is interested, I thought I could help answer your previous question: if, say, an argument between members breaks out in a forum a student moderates, but isn't currently online to see it to lock the thread or give a green warning, then another mod will step in and give a green warning or lock the thread until you're able to look at it.

Thanks

So what will happen if no one steps up now?  Will a mod from another forum do the job or will you continue the nominations until someone steps up? 

11 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

So what will happen if no one steps up now?  Will a mod from another forum do the job or will you continue the nominations until someone steps up? 

Another mod has been stepping up to help already, and that will continue to happen. : ) Then another election will be held to try and fill it again.

5 minutes ago, kelico said:

Another mod has been stepping up to help already, and that will continue to happen. : ) Then another election will be held to try and fill it again.

If someone still hasn’t stepped up to be the mod will there be more elections at a later date

10 minutes ago, kelico said:

But if no one steps up then either and the current mod has to step down because of to much work what would happen then?

What i am trying to say is there a risk that the forum has to locked if no one steps up? 

8 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

But if no one steps up then either and the current mod has to step down because of to much work what would happen then?

What i am trying to say is there a risk that the forum has to locked if no one steps up? 

Zero risk. It has a co-mod. And someone is filling in as the other co-mod. Nothing like this would EVER happen, trust me.

1 hour ago, kelico said:

Zero risk. It has a co-mod. And someone is filling in as the other co-mod. Nothing like this would EVER happen, trust me.

But if every mod refuses to co-mod a certain forum and would rather step down all together then co-mod that forum? And the current one can not filling in for ever. I see it like this if there is a word for it there is a risk for it to happen. 

And the reason to why i personally don't want to run is: 1. I don't want that much power over others. 

2. There is not enough live insight what is happening in the backroom. 

So that goes against my conscience and moral values as it is now. 

You are all doing a great job it just not for as it looks like now.

20 minutes ago, kelico said:

Wouldn’t Admins step in too and help cover if required?

Archived