Our president is a deeply stupid man

Pau1ina

1 hour ago, Gentle Giant said:

Having a troll for a president is bad and unacceptable. There’s no excuse for it.

No one is excusing it.

6 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I mean, as an anarchist I think pretty much all politicians including Trump are tyrannical/authoritarian. :P 

I mean, you would not be that incorrect in having that view, it would make sense.

22 minutes ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

Depends. Yea, that doesn't sound like Trump to you?

He stopped being a troll the minute he was elected. From then on, if he intended to be a troll, he moved from there to being a full-fledged asshole. Remember what I said about even if it's all an act, there's no difference eventually? Doesn't matter if he's "trolling", because at this point his public persona (and private from what we've been led to believe) is a stupid, narcissistic racist and his actions reflect that. So if it's an act, he can choose to stop being an idiot (and all the other bad words) any day now. I'm waiting. 

26 minutes ago, SithGrinch said:

He stopped being a troll the minute he was elected. 

Oh, you have evidence of his intention behind everything?

From then on, if he intended to be a troll, he moved from there to being a full-fledged asshole. Remember what I said about even if it's all an act, there's no difference eventually? Doesn't matter if he's "trolling", because at this point his public persona (and private from what we've been led to believe) is a stupid, narcissistic racist and his actions reflect that. So if it's an act, he can choose to stop being an idiot (and all the other bad words) any day now. I'm waiting. 

There is a difference when we're talking about him being a Nazi, WS, a bigot, etc. If it's just an act, he isn't those things. For example, a bigot is someone who is opposed to new and different ideas. Chances are likely he isn't a bigot and just a troll. He likes the attention, it saves him money and effort. This is not an endorsement of Trump, but I think if we are to call him something it should be clearly backed by evidence. I don't agree he's stupid. I don't think you can broadly be stupid and be successful in business as he was. Is he an intellectual? No, clearly, but an idiot? I'm skeptical.

How is he a racist? Can you please back this up? Almost all if not all evidence shown to me does not show anything indicative of being a racist by definition. What actions reflect this?

How is he an idiot? Also, not directed to you, but if we can't call Trump a troll because it's against the rules, because I don't recall anyone calling me a troll, then why can we call him stupid but not a troll? Did someone refer to me as a troll?

@Autumn McJavabean

I refuse to stoop to your level. The evidence is everywhere. People have contributed it in this very thread. Your refusal to see it is not my fault. Similarly, I'm tired of hearing claims without evidence and then demanding counter evidence as if the original stance holds more weight. 

Asking for his intentions behind everything is unfalsifiable. It's like asking you to prove that there's not an invisible unicorn living in my room. Clearly, you can't prove he isn't there, so he's clearly real. You're asking us to read his mind because nothing he ever says or does, or anything others say about him is evidence when you wave it away as "Oh, he's just a troll." 

And the insults thing... We're not allowed to insult each other on AVEN. Apparently someone interpreted what someone said as a personal insult towards another user and the mods agreed enough to issue a greenie. I don't think it was about insulting Trump because we've called him much worse.

Can we just go back to making fun of how he has orange skin and tiny fingers? Petty insults are so much more stress-relieving than actually making hard claims to whether or not a person is evil.

12 minutes ago, SithGrinch said:

@Autumn McJavabean

I refuse to stoop to your level. The evidence is everywhere. People have contributed it in this very thread. Your refusal to see it is not my fault. Similarly, I'm tired of hearing claims without evidence and then demanding counter evidence as if the original stance holds more weight. 

Asking for his intentions behind everything is unfalsifiable. It's like asking you to prove that there's not an invisible unicorn living in my room. Clearly, you can't prove he isn't there, so he's clearly real. You're asking us to read his mind because nothing he ever says or does, or anything others say about him is evidence when you wave it away as "Oh, he's just a troll." 

And the insults thing... We're not allowed to insult each other on AVEN. Apparently someone interpreted what someone said as a personal insult towards another user and the mods agreed enough to issue a greenie. I don't think it was about insulting Trump because we've called him much worse.

Can we just go back to making fun of how he has orange skin and tiny fingers? Petty insults are so much more stress-relieving than actually making hard claims to whether or not a person is evil.

Stoop to what level exactly? Being skeptical?  I looked at the evidence, I don't see that as proving he's an idiot or a racist.  Refusal to see it? Dear, you're not objectively correct, either one of us could be wrong. The notion that you think you're in the right and history will see me on the losing side, though not directly said, is strange. It's not a refusal to see anything, I disagree with the claims. Some are half-assed. Such as Sally saying he is a racist because he locked up Mexican children. That's not evidence of racism or idiocy.

Oh, I need to provide evidence to the contrary, to the positive claim, that he is not an idiot? A racist? A troll? Which specifically did you need evidence for? 

I think you clearly miss the point then. I'm asking for evidence of his intentions because that's what makes someone an idiot; they intentionally do not accept notions. That's how you Trump is a liar, racist, WS, Nazi, etc. If you can't prove something that needs evidence to prove X is true, like intent, depending on what we're specifically talking about, then you just admitted you have no real evidence, in which case what are you basing your position on?

No, not true. But he clearly demonstrates himself as being just that. If you wanted evidence, all you had to do was ask.

OK, that makes sense. Thank you.

I mean, you're more than welcome to ignore me, but if you refuse to debate if someone is truly evil, which is debatable, despite what the popular view is on AVEN, because it causes stress, maybe you're doing it or going about it the wrong way and it's a personal issue. Me asking for evidence or arguing he is a troll or X, Y and/or Z should not be stress-inducing in the slightest. 

It is not an act; Trump really is as stupid as he sounds.  People who are as thin-skinned and narcissistic as Trump do not hide their light under a bushel (not many people are willing to play stupid for long anyway).  What we're getting from him is the best version of himself that he can muster.

But Trump is not just a moron, he is also a vicious, petty germaphobe who thinks non-whites come from shithole countries.  One big reason he was elected was his naked racism.

22 minutes ago, Snegurochka McLouWho said:

It is not an act; Trump really is as stupid as he sounds.  People who are as thin-skinned and narcissistic as Trump do not hide their light under a bushel (not many people are willing to play stupid for long anyway).  What we're getting from him is the best version of himself that he can muster.

But Trump is not just a moron, he is also a vicious, petty germaphobe who thinks non-whites come from shithole countries.  One big reason he was elected was his naked racism.

Can you back all of this up? That he thinks anyone from non-white countries are all shitholes? That he is racist? What did he say you consider racist? What makes you think he isn't playing a character and that he is as dumb as you think it makes him look?

3 hours ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

, I disagree with the claims. Some are half-assed. Such as Sally saying he is a racist because he locked up Mexican children. 

I said nothing of the sort.  

2 minutes ago, Sally said:

I said nothing of the sort.  

You did in a past thread related to Trump, it was your response to me about him being racist. Citing him caging Mexican kids, or in your words "brown" people.

7 minutes ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

Can you back all of this up? That he thinks anyone from non-white countries are all shitholes? That he is racist? What did he say you consider racist? What makes you think he isn't playing a character and that he is as dumb as you think it makes him look?

I assume you and I have both had access to the same number of public statements from Trump over the years (he's been making public statements for decades).  He has a large body of "work," shall we say, and I assume you've also listened to a fair amount of it.  If we've come to different conclusions after this much time, and after this many statements that are part of the public record, I think it's in our best interest to agree to disagree.

17 hours ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

Open your eyes and ears.

2 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Open your eyes and ears.

That's not evidence. If you think it's so obvious as opening my "eyes and ears" it should be easy for you to prove. 

As much as I agree with citing sources is nice. However I have to remind myself we are at AVEN and not academia where citing is necessary. Everything here is opinion based and citing is not a requirement. Plus we are on the internet and people say crazy things all the time. I love it. 

Say everyone does cite every opinion, argument ,disagreement, claim, and speculation ever made. Next we will debate the validity of the source.  I feel you @Autumn McJavabean. Bottom line for me it is all fun and games. People say crazy things all the time. I love it. 

God Bless America for the topic at hand, and no one is in jail. 

51 minutes ago, njosnavelin said:

Say everyone does cite every opinion, argument ,disagreement, claim, and speculation ever made. Next we will debate the validity of the source.

Plus, this particular thread is not Trump 101, it is "Our president is a deeply stupid man."

57 minutes ago, njosnavelin said:

Next we will debate the validity of the source.

Seriously, though, the source is always his own big mouth.  But people draw different conclusions from the things he says.

Never post a source for outrageous claims but demand sources from everyone else. Actually, that is reminiscent of Trump.

https://transequality.org/the-discrimination-administration

"November 1, 2019: the Department of Health and Human Services announced it would not enforce, and planned to repeal, regulations prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity, sexual orientation, and religion in all HHS grant programs. These include programs to address the HIV, opioid, and youth homelessness epidemics, as well as hundreds of billions of dollars in other health and human service programs."

He sure "trolled" trans and genderqueer people there? (Just one example)

He's just playing a character - a racist, anti-trans, homophobic President. If that's "just a character" to you then that says a hell of a lot about you and the company you keep. Doesn't seem innocuous to most people.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, njosnavelin said:

As much as I agree with citing sources is nice. However I have to remind myself we are at AVEN and not academia where citing is necessary. Everything here is opinion based and citing is not a requirement. Plus we are on the internet and people say crazy things all the time. I love it.

I care more of making claims without evidence and then demanding evidence from people who hold the opposite opinion. I can think Trump is an idiot, John down the street can think he's a visionary, these are our opinions. And yeah, freedom to express our different opinions on the internet is fun. I won't get shunned by my family during Thanksgiving because of something on the internet!

10 hours ago, natsume said:

Never post a source for outrageous claims but demand sources from everyone else. Actually, that is reminiscent of Trump.

https://transequality.org/the-discrimination-administration

"November 1, 2019: the Department of Health and Human Services announced it would not enforce, and planned to repeal, regulations prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity, sexual orientation, and religion in all HHS grant programs. These include programs to address the HIV, opioid, and youth homelessness epidemics, as well as hundreds of billions of dollars in other health and human service programs."

He sure "trolled" trans and genderqueer people there? (Just one example)

He's just playing a character - a racist, anti-trans, homophobic President. If that's "just a character" to you then that says a hell of a lot about you and the company you keep. Doesn't seem innocuous to most people.

Oh, yea, compare me to Trump. Didn't see that coming. Also, you never asked for a citation, so don't complain when I ask for a source. 

Non-biased source, please?

Oh, Trump himself told them to discriminate against people? Do you have evidence he gave the memo on this? Do you know their intentions behind it?

He didn't specifically say or do anything against trans people there, no. Try again.

How is he a racist?

How is he anti-trans? 

How is he homophobic?

Not sure why my character is being brought up, but you assume too much and my intentions to know anything about my character.

Well, Trudeau certainly thinks he's a twit 

33 minutes ago, Sleighcaptain said:

And then Kellyanne Conway said that Trudeau was being "childish".  That broke all of the irony meters in my house, so I am now in the market for a whole new set.

Trump certainly is very insecure. Poor guy got talked about and laughed at so he took his ball and went home.

Even Boris laughed. That must've really hurt.

5 hours ago, Sleighcaptain said:

I originally read this as Trudeau recognizing himself as a twit (reading through these posts backwards). I was actually a bit impressed with Trudeau for a second. Well, Trudeau and Trump have common ground in that they're both racists and each one is a disgrace.

Mike Huckabee has stated he is in charge of Trump's 2024 election committee.  Yes, I guess Trump can run for a 3rd term because of the way he was treated during the 1st term.  GOP logic but in Trump's mind...he is never leaving.

5 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Mike Huckabee has stated he is in charge of Trump's 2024 election committee.  Yes, I guess Trump can run for a 3rd term because of the way he was treated during the 1st term.  GOP logic but in Trump's mind...he is never leaving.

It's going to be very difficult to get him to leave  I'm truly worried about violence.  

On 12/5/2019 at 2:18 PM, natsume said:

Trudeau and Trump have common ground in that they're both racists and each one is a disgrace.

Trudeau is allegedly racist based on opinions. Trump has made many racist statements.

Many white people have done the black face thing back in that era. It's a debate only on whether he is racist, or just a moron (Trudeau).

An idiot, oblivious and laughably naive would be closer to reality. 

That is presumptuous of Mike Huckabee to think Trump will be able to get a third term. He doesn’t even have a second term yet. He better not either. I hate to think the crap we’ll have to endure from him if he wins. This year went by fast, but it seems like Trump has been in for ages. Seeing and hearing just small clips of him being a mean big fat whiney baby in his rallies has been torture. People actually think this is acceptable? I have never seen or heard a past president act and sound as horrible as that.

I’m disgusted with the Trump defenders. How can they not see his wrong doing? Lindsey Graham had said things opposing Trump before, why does he defend him now? It makes no sense.

I’m worried about what is going to happen if he wins or loses.

1 hour ago, Gentle Giant said:

That is presumptuous of Mike Huckabee to think Trump will be able to get a third term. He doesn’t even have a second term yet. He better not either. I hate to think the crap we’ll have to endure from him if he wins. This year went by fast, but it seems like Trump has been in for ages. Seeing and hearing just small clips of him being a mean big fat whiney baby in his rallies has been torture. People actually think this is acceptable? I have never seen or heard a past president act and sound as horrible as that.

I’m disgusted with the Trump defenders. How can they not see his wrong doing? Lindsey Graham had said things opposing Trump before, why does he defend him now? It makes no sense.

I’m worried about what is going to happen if he wins or loses.

So am I.  Before he was elected he told his followers this chance would never come again.  They will not give it up easily win or lose.  The country, if it survives this, will wear this scar for many many many years to come.

Archived